Hourly: $15.00 to $20.00 depending on experience
Location: Jersey Shore Area Joint Water Authority
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: 40 per week, Monday – Friday
The Jersey Shore Area Joint Water Authority (JSAJWA) is seeking an Account Specialist that will undertake water and sewage account billing, customer assistance, processing of payments, Budgeting, and administrative support for all Authority office functions and activities.
The position requires excellent organizational, accounting and computer skills in addition to a high degree of professionalism and interpersonal skill. Accounting or Bookkeeping backgrounds are preferred but not necessary. The candidate should be familiar with the use of utility billing system software and typical office software programs QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft word.
• Working knowledge of standard accounting procedures and principles including budgetary processes.
• Work independently in absence of supervision; understand and carry out oral and written instructions
• Manage inbound and outbound customer calls promptly, identify customers’ needs and wants, give clarifying information, and continue to build strong relationships with customers
• Responds to inquiries from the public and JSAJWA personnel.
• Performs data entry, retrieval, and other processes as requested or required.
• Computes figures and/or mathematical calculations or analyses as requested or required
• Compile requested financial reports, summaries and analyses as assigned. Participate in activity related to annual audits including fulfilling auditor requests and answering auditor questions.
• The collection on delinquent accounts
• Payment of bills for services received by the Authority
• Maintenance and upkeep of Authority records
• The Jersey Shore Area Joint Water Authority owns and operates two water facilities in Lycoming County, Pennsylvania and serves approximately 2,500 customers.
• Perform other related tasks as assigned or required
Salary will be commensurate with experience. The position is full time, and a comprehensive benefit package is offered with the position. The Account Specialist position does require 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, and does require that all work be done from the office location.
Send resumes to Eric Johnston, Manager [email protected] Application deadline is May 27,2022 The Jersey Shore Area Joint Water Authority is an equal opportunity employer.