Administrative Assistant - Water Production
Position: Administrative Assistant FLSA: Non-exempt
Division: Water Production Posted: February 16, 2021
Rate: $40,000.00 – 44,026.32 salaried Application Deadline: 4:00 p.m., March 2, 2021
The Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority is seeking a candidate for the position of Administrative Assistant. They will be responsible for supporting the management and staff of both the main Water Treatment Plant and Microfiltration Plant.
• Complete a broad range of tasks related to water production and administration.
• Create and process purchase orders and invoices. This includes researching vendors, requesting quotations, receiving, and paying invoices in accordance with the Authority’s procedures.
• Assist with compiling reports, retrieving documents, and maintaining spreadsheets.
• Receive and direct plant visitors, answer phones and direct calls.
• Assist staff with administrative requests.
• Book treatment plant tours in accordance with plant policies.
• Manage the treatment plant training room calendar.
• Develop correspondence, forms, and presentations for management.
• Prepare meeting minutes and distribute to attendees.
• Manage records in accordance with the Authority’s policies.
• Perform filing of both digital and physical records.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must show a total of five years of applicable experience. Associate or bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• Ability to multi-task and manage several projects at once. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with staff, management, and outside vendors.
• Experienced user of Microsoft Office 365 and common office equipment.
• Personally effective, professional, credible, and reliable.
• Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment where needs change rapidly.
• Sensitivity to confidential matters is required.
Applicant must have permanent residency in the City of Pittsburgh at time of appointment and remain a permanent resident throughout employment with the PWSA. Verification of City residence is required at time of filing application.
Applicant must present a current, valid Class C (Class 1) PA Motor Vehicle Operator’s License at the time of application or prior to appointment. A valid driver’s license must be maintained throughout employment.
A performance or written exam as well as a medical exam may be required prior to appointment.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The employee will be required to complete routine office work in a standard office setting. They also must regularly lift or move up to 20 pounds.
• Exhibit full range of motion to complete tasks like climbing, balancing, kneeling, or grasping.
• Ability to utilize senses to see, hear, and talk.
• Ability to work in loud conditions with vibrations, traffic, mechanical, chemical, fire, and explosive risks.
• Travel between 10 and 25 percent.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Application forms are available online at www.pgh2o.com/about-us/careers or in the Human Resources Department at 1200 Penn Avenue. Submit application, resume, and cover letter to [email protected], by fax at 412-393-0513, or by mail at the following address:
Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority
ATTN: Human Resources
1200 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
If you have any questions, please contact us at 412-255-8800.
You may be considered for other available positions based on qualifications provided on your employment application.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The PWSA does not discriminate against anyone based on race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, place of birth, sex, sexual orientation, family status, age, or non-disqualifying disability, or on any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.