Assistant Maintenance Technician
GENERAL SUMMARY: Assist in the maintaining of equipment, buildings, and vehicles associated with wastewater/water operations and assist other departments, as needed, within the Authority.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist in the continuing development and implementation of a comprehensive maintenance program for all Authority equipment and buildings, including:
a. Water and wastewater treatment facilities
b. Booster stations
c. Pump stations
e. Snow removal at MAWSA facilities
2. Perform all maintenance duties outlined in the maintenance program
3. On-call rotation
4. Assist with other departments with maintenance and repairs as needed
5. Assist with water meter/transmitter installation
6. Assist with sales inspections and leak detection inspections
• Effective verbal, oral, and written communication
• Accurate recordkeeping
• Basic knowledge of computer applications to retrieve and input data.
• Ability to research and source parts and materials
• Understand and follow written and oral instructions, read, write legibly, and make accurate calculations
• Follow safety procedures and identify hazards
• Work independently and exercise good time management along with the ability to prioritize maintenance projects
• Frequently lift up to 60 lbs., stand and walk for long periods of time, bending and reaching; pushing and pulling
• Knowledge of light and medium equipment operating procedures,
• Knowledge of general maintenance and repair practices essential for Authority equipment
• Operate manual and power tools
• Ability to cooperate with co-workers as member of a team
• Ability to inspect equipment, diagnose nature of problem, and take or suggest course of action
• Basic electrical and plumbing knowledge
• Ability to review and interpretate Operational and Maintenance manuals
• Utilize observation skills to identify possible issues and contact appropriate staff members immediately
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Maintenance experience preferred or mechanically inclined
• Must possess a valid PA driver's license
• Work is frequently performed alone, either inside around noisy equipment or in the outdoors in a variety of weather conditions. Adherence to safety standards is required for work which is performed on and around a variety of potentially hazardous electrical or mechanical equipment, occasionally around hazardous substances.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required to perform the job.
REPORT TO: Operations Manager
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Non-exempt
Please email letter of interest and resume to [email protected].