Billing Specialist | Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority (PWSA)
The Billing Specialist will perform clerical duties for the Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority that require independent analysis and exercise judgement based on PWSA policies, procedures, and regulations.
• Obtain a working knowledge of the policies and procedures of PWSA’s Customer Service Department.
• Prepare and process final bill applications.
• Respond to customers via emails and/or phone, provide accurate information, or prepare the appropriate correspondence letter when needed.
• Retrieve customer account information in the Sensus Analytics, Cogsdale, and the Regional Network Interface.
• Ensure that billing is accurate.
• Complete reconciliation activities and adjustment creation, posting, and verification.
• Check and verify readings in the Regional Network Interface.
• Research customer accounts and retrieves customer account information.
• Actively support the manager in the creation of SOP’s, workflow processes, and scripting.
• Perform data entry.
• Compute figures and/or mathematical calculations or analyses.
• Perform other related tasks as assigned or required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Capable of communicating effectively both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, associates, outside agencies, customers, and the public.
• Capable of meeting deadlines and producing accurate work.
• Demonstrate a personal commitment to the superior work quality.
• Exercise judgment and make independent decisions without the need to escalate.
• Knowledge of effective customers service practices and techniques.
• Knowledge of general office procedures and the use of office equipment.
The following requirements list the minimum education/training/experience required to qualify for this job. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be accepted:
• High School diploma or GED.
• One to three years of customer service experience, or an equivalent amount of education and experience. Experience with a regulated utility provider is preferred.
General Requirements: Applicant must present a current, valid Class C (Class 1) Motor Vehicle Operator’s License at the time of application or before appointment. A valid driver’s license must be maintained throughout employment. Applicant must present an up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination at the time of application or before the commencement of work (subject to applicable law including the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 reasonable accommodation requirements). Applicants are also subject to a System for Award Management (SAM) or any successor system search as maintained by the General Services Administration (GSA) to ensure compliance with federal procurement and non-procurement programs.
Residency Requirements: Applicant must have permanent residency in the City of Pittsburgh at time of appointment and remain a permanent resident throughout employment with the PWSA.
Examination: A drug screen, background check, and/or physical may be required for appointment.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
• The physical demands consist of walking, climbing stairs, finger movements including fine dexterity and coordination, hearing conversation, seeing near and far, and speaking clearly.
• Frequently bending, stooping, repetitive leg and arm movements, lifting up to 25 lbs.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a moderate or quiet noise level in the office work environment.
• Subject to remain on duty beyond normal hours or during emergency situations or other extensive periods.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Applications: To be considered for this position, please submit your online application on our PWSA Careers Page: https://www.pgh2o.com/about-us/careers. You may be considered for other available positions based on qualifications provided on your employment application. If you have questions regarding your application, please contact the Human Resources Department at:
PWSA Human Resources Department
1200 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
An Equal Opportunity Employer: The PWSA does not discriminate against anyone based on race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, place of birth, sex, sexual orientation, family status, age, or non-disqualifying disability, or on any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Position: Billing Specialist
Division: Customer Service
Union: American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees (AFSCME), District Council 84 Local 2719
Application Deadline: Until Filled