Borough of Seven Fields Water and Public Works Supervisor
Borough of Seven Fields
Job Title- Water and Public Works Supervisor
Salary Grade- 4
Salary Range DOQ
The Borough of Seven Fields is seeking to hire a Water and Public Works Supervisor.
The Water and Public Works Supervisor is responsible for the overall field operations of the Borough of Seven Field's water distribution system and plans, directs, coordinates, and supervises the varied activities of the Public Works Department and performs related work as required.
Applicants are asked to submit a completed employment application along with resume.
Applications are available here-->https://www.sevenfields.org/index.asp?SEC=3B1316FD-7CA0-4372-A65F-24955B36B003&Type=B_JOB , or in person at the Borough Building 2200 Garden Drive, Suite 100, Seven Fields, PA 16046. The position is open until filled. The Borough of Seven Fields does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, overseeing and managing landscaping, road work, building and sewer maintenance, snow removal, and other manual labor activities, performing MS4 testing, managing annual budget, attending monthly Council and other meetings as needed, ordering supplies and equipment, submitting employee hours to bookkeeper, completing paperwork timely, and any other such duties as the job may require.
The Water and Public Works Supervisor reports directly to the Borough Manager. This is a full-time, salary position with excellent fringe benefits. Nights and weekends when necessary. A Bachelor’s Degree is preferable but any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with major course work in civil engineering or related field and extensive experience in a responsible position in the public works field.
• Installs, tests, reads and repairs water meters
• Inspects the installation of the water lines by developers
• Performs water tap connections and inspections
• Maintains and repairs fire hydrants
• Performs water pressure tests
• Completes all reports as required by State agencies
• Collects samples and coordinates water quality tests and reports with lab subcontractor
• Performs and supervises water line repairs
• Takes leadership role in public meetings related to public works issues
• Maintains roads, catch basin and drainage swales
• Posts and maintains traffic regulatory signs and other road posting devices
• Performs snow removal activities on roads, and borough-owned parking lots and walkways
• Performs landscaping maintenance activities, including grass mowing, fertilization, plant installation, watering, weeding, etc.
• Performs general building repair and maintenance activities, including basic plumbing, electrical and mechanical repairs and maintenance
• Empties garbage at all public parks and facilities
• Performs general pool maintenance and repair activities
• Orders keeps inventory of supplies necessary for public works and water company operations
• Maintains cleanliness and repair of Borough Office and Community Center
• Assists with set-up/clean-up for community events/activities
• Performs handyman activities as requested, such as painting, installing small pieces of equipment, etc.
• Recommends operational changes to the Borough Manager
Required Knowledge and Skills
• General knowledge in municipal public works such as planning, design, maintenance, and construction
• Knowledge and experience with road maintenance
• Knowledge of mechanical pool operations
• Knowledge of road maintenance, paving and snow removal
• Knowledge in principles of budget preparation and expenditure control
• Knowledge in applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations pertaining to public works and water authority
• Knowledge in safe work practices such as confined space entry and trench shoring
• Ability to create clear and comprehensive written reports
• Experience in evaluating and training staff
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with major course work in civil engineering or related field and extensive experience in a responsible position in the public works field.
Required Certifications and Licenses
• Valid PA Driver's License
• PA Water Systems Operator Certification preferred (at time of hire) – ability and desire to obtain certification within 12 months of hire required
• Pesticide Applicator's License preferred (at time of hire) – ability and desire to obtain license required
• Criminal Background (Act 33 &34 Clearance)
Job Type: Full-time