Construction Inspection Technician
Construction Inspection Technician
Are you looking for an opportunity to further your career? Lehigh County Authority is seeking an experienced, outgoing professional to join our team in the role of Construction Inspection Technician. If you are a detail oriented and safety focused inspector who enjoys working in the field in a fast-paced environment, then this might be the job for you!
In this exciting role, you will be responsible for a variety of duties pertaining to the technical inspection of water and sewer infrastructure construction projects, to assure compliance with LCA standards and specifications, applicable codes, and performance standards.
About Us and What we Offer You
Established in 1966, Lehigh County Authority (LCA) is a municipal authority focused on providing high-quality, affordable water and sewer services to our customers. We operate in a cost-effective and efficient manner that results in affordable rates for public services such as the water and sewer services LCA provides.
LCA works directly with ratepayers (water and sewer customers) to meet their needs and to develop partnerships and cooperative programs with neighboring municipal water and sewer systems. LCA's water rates are among the lowest in the Lehigh Valley, and our regional approach allows us to act quickly and to provide enhanced services where and when needed. LCA is an exciting and busy place to work, and our employees are the key to ensuring that our public services are valuable, affordable and of the high quality our customers expect.
At LCA we are fully focused on equality and inclusion and believe deeply in diversity and all the fascinating characteristics that make us each unique.
Benefits and Perks
As an LCA employee you would be eligible for competitive pay and benefits including:
• Health, dental and vision coverage
• Generous paid vacation, sick leave, personal days, and holidays
• Company provided life insurance, short- and long-term disability
• Eligibility for two retirement plans - Pennsylvania Municipal Retirement Plan and 457( Empower)
What the Job Looks Like
As a Construction Inspection Technician, you will have a unique opportunity to make a significant and meaningful contribution to the success of Lehigh County Authority through the following core job responsibilities:
• Conducts on-site inspections for construction projects by checking conformance to the plans and specifications in methods and materials of construction.
• Area of expertise to include but not be limited to water, sanitary sewer, paving, sidewalks and curbing.
• Coordinates contractors work with other LCA departments and outside entities as necessary.
• Acts as liaison between the public and LCA during construction, resolves issues as needed.
• Prepares property damage and incident reports, notifies customers of outages and/or other issues.
• Prepares daily inspection reports, reviews contractor's requests for payments, prepares periodic cost estimates, project closeouts; and prepares or compiles any other related documentation.
• Assures contractor adherence to safe construction practices.
• Utilizes Global Positioning System (GPS) equipment to collect and record site-specific physical features.
• Exports data from the GPS unit for the use of the Geographic Information System (GIS) staff or others.
• Provides technical assistance to operations and administration departments such as utility locations and impacted LCA customers.
Important Qualifications to your Success
• Education: Associates degree from a technical school and/or relevant certifications preferred.
• Experience: Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in utility construction or construction inspection required.
• Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, portable computer equipment and handheld GPS equipment.
• Technical: Strong working knowledge of water and wastewater systems, and construction practices.
• Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Licensure: Possession of a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license.
• Travel: Ability to perform administrative work remotely from a company vehicle required.
I’m interested, how do I get started?
PLEASE NOTE - To be considered, all applicants MUST include:
• An updated resume
• Brief cover letter describing why you meet the qualifications for our position
• Salary requirement
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization. Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for a video interview.
To check on an application you’ve submitted:
If you already registered your account on Jobvite, click here to log in and check the status of your application
If you have not yet registered your account, click here to register
If you are selected to receive an offer of employment with our company, your employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of work references and other background checks.
We realize that it takes time and effort to go through our application process and we thank you for considering applying for this position. We kindly ask for no emails or phone calls as a means to further your application process. These efforts will not enhance your opportunity for consideration, and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you in advance for your adherence to this request.
Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.