Director of Finance/Chief Financial Officer
Director of Finance/Chief Financial Officer
North Penn Water Authority is seeking a qualified Chief Financial Officer/Director of Finance (CFO) that will be responsible for leading, planning and organizing all aspects of the Finance Department to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Authority.
The Director of Finance will establish goals and objectives for the Finance Department. Contribute to maximum operating efficiency through effective financial planning and reporting and the resolution of problems. Responsible to safeguard the Authority’s assets through effective internal controls. Work is performed under the direction of the Executive Director/Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
• Plans, directs, manages, supervises and coordinates the administration and operations of the Finance Department.
• Under the direction of the Executive Director develops, revises, interprets, and directs the implementation of rules, regulations, policies, and procedures related to the day-to-day financial operations and the long and short-term goals and objectives of the Finance Department.
• Provides effective leadership and direction for the Finance Department in the development of departmental goals.
• Directs the development of the Authority's annual Expense and Capital Budgets and monitors expenditures.
• Assists external auditors by providing needed data and by responding to inquiries in the course of or at the completion of the audit and implements auditor recommendations.
• Oversees the operations of the Authority's internal auditing system.
• Prepares revenue forecasts for budget and management decisions.
• Assures compliance with all applicable provisions of the Authority's Trust Indenture.
• Performs all management, coaching, and disciplinary functions of department employees, directly for the Accounting Supervisor and in conjunction with the Supervisor for Accounting staff.
• Oversees the Authority's financial reporting system, accounting system, and financial reports.
• Supervises the daily operations of the Finance Department, including processing cash receipts, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, bank reconciliation, financial reports, and payroll.
• Oversees the general Authority insurance and risk management programs, cash management programs, and administers transfer of cash and investment assets.
• Oversees filing of various financial federal and state reports.
• Prepares and reviews monthly, quarterly and annual balance sheets and statements of revenue and expenditures; presents report to Authority board.
• Invests municipal funds and closely monitors to obtain optimum return for the Authority.
• Approves bank reconciliations, invoices, journal entries, and budget adjustments.
• Maintains productive working relationships within the department and with other departments throughout the Authority.
• Responsible for debt management.
• Maintains and files required annual reports with governmental and regulatory agencies.
• Attends Authority Board and Finance Committee meetings and others, as needed.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration with a major in Finance and 10+ years of financial and management experience.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of public finance, budgeting, accounting, and public administration.
• Knowledge of governmental auditing procedures.
• Knowledge of special requirements pertaining to accounting for and investing of government funds.
• Knowledge of economic trend forecasting and analysis techniques.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of computerized financial information management and financial computer software programs.
• Knowledge of relevant federal and state laws, municipal ordinances, and Authority policies and procedures.
• Reliable and self-motivated. Able to establish and meet high standard of performance.
• Superior problem-solving skills.
• Strong leadership qualities.
About North Penn Water Authority
Established in 1965, North Penn Water Authority (NPWA) is a municipally owned, nonprofit Authority with a dedicated, professional workforce committed to providing the community with a safe, reliable, and economical water supply. Our employees, many of whom are NPWA customers themselves, take pride in being able to provide this service to the community. We look forward to the successful candidate joining our team.
Interested candidates should apply at https://npwa.org/Employment.php
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer