Director, Water and Wastewater Engineering
Are you a strong leader and technical expert in water and wastewater engineering? Are you looking for an opportunity to lead and grow our team? We are seeking a Vice President of Water and Wastewater Engineering and Operations ready to make an immediate impact. The Vice President, Water and Wastewater Engineering and Operations is responsible for leading the strategic and tactical implementation of the division. Responsibilities include setting the strategy and overseeing the development of SSM's business plan to ensure profitability and sustainability.
Working closely with the President/CEO and other members of the Senior Leadership Team, the Vice President is responsible for ensuring that the division has the required personnel, and the financial resources required for business success. The Vice President, Water and Wastewater Engineering and Operations serves as the division’s chief spokesperson and representative to the public, and as the primary role model for employees. In addition, the Vice President will identify new opportunities and develop new business with current and prospective clients and will assist with marketing of the firm’s capabilities, and participate in proposal development.
Working with the Directors in the department the Vice President is charged with developing and evaluating standardized criteria for project plans, keeping current on engineering trends and developments to recommend changes in program or design methods, and facilitating Strategic Planning and business plan implementation for the Division to ensure that company goals are met.
• Demonstrated ability and track record at profitably building business
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering or related field
• M.S. or MBA degree is beneficial
• Professional Engineering (P.E.) License
• Twenty + years of increasingly responsible project experience in the study, design, and construction administration and inspection of water, wastewater, reclaimed water, and/or stormwater facilities and infrastructure (treatment plants, pipelines, force mains, pump stations)
• Five + recent years of experience with progressive responsibilities in business development in the municipal and water utility markets
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written) for technical and non-technical audiences
• Capacity to articulate ideas and concepts both visually and contextually, including strong technical and proposal writing skills
• Ability to think creatively, resolve abstract problems, motivate others, work collaboratively, and be self-directed
This position does not offer Visa sponsorship.
It is our company policy and culture to provide equal opportunity to all persons based on ability and fitness to perform job duties regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.