Director, Water and Wastewater Engineering
Are you a strong leader and technical expert in water and wastewater engineering? Are you looking for an opportunity to lead and grow our team? We are seeking a Director of Water and Wastewater Engineering ready to make an immediate impact. The team’s projects are focused on water distribution, wastewater collection, treatment plant operations, treatment of drinking water, wastewater management.
Responsibilities of the position include managing and overseeing all teams and projects in the department, ensuring that work is executed on time, on budget, and delivering to client requirements aligned with SSM policies and procedures. The Director will assist with and lead project execution and train, mentor, develop and supervise engineering staff, providing work assignments and reviewing performance to ensure the efficient, cost-effective utilization of staff. In addition, the Director will assist in identifying new opportunities and developing new business with current and prospective clients and marketing of the firm’s capabilities, participate in proposal development, and serve as liaison with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects.
• Demonstrated ability and track record at profitably managing and building business
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering or related field
• Professional Engineering (P.E.) License
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
• M.S. or MBA degree is beneficial
• Ten + years of increasingly responsible project experience in the study, design, and construction administration and inspection of water, wastewater, reclaimed water, and/or stormwater facilities and infrastructure (treatment plants, pipelines, force mains, pump stations)
• Five + recent years of experience with progressive responsibilities in business development in the municipal and water utility markets
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written) for technical and non-technical audiences.
• Capacity to articulate ideas and concepts both visually and contextually, including strong technical and proposal writing skills
• Ability to think creatively, resolve abstract problems, motivate others, work collaboratively, and be self-directed
This position does not offer Visa sponsorship.
It is our company policy and culture to provide equal opportunity to all persons based on ability and fitness to perform job duties regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.