Drinking Water Operator - Grade 4
Drinking Water Operator - Grade 4
• Operate and monitor the Water Treatment Facility, wells, towers, and related systems both manually and via the supervisory control and data acquisition system (SCADA)
• Read meters and charts; adjust pumping rates; check gauges, tanks, and chemical levels for the efficient operation of the water treatment facilities
• Determine and implement standard process control changes such as flow patterns and rates, chemical additions, etc.
• Inspect plant and system related equipment such as pumps, lines, racks, tanks, etc.
• Notify supervisor or other appropriate agencies of significant changes or emergencies
• Collect, prepare, and analyze samples of raw, potable, and process waters to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
• Maintain an inventory of chemicals and materials used in various areas
• Test and verify solution concentrations
• Control and adjust chemical feed systems as necessary to obtain designed chemical parameters
• Add required chemicals such as sodium hypochlorite, caustic soda, scale inhibitor, etc. to the potable water systems to ensure compliance with regulations
• Initiate systems performance testing such as integrity, transmembrane pressure, flow, flux, etc. for determined efficiency standards
• Coordinate and perform preventative maintenance, cleaning, and minor repairs on potable drinking water system equipment
• Lubricate, clean, adjust and perform minor repair work and installation on chemical feed systems, injection systems, and sample collection equipment
• Monitor security cameras to safeguard plant equipment; initiate emergency repairs, as needed
• Use, adjust, and calibrate laboratory equipment as required
• Maintain laboratories and other assigned areas in a clean and orderly condition
• Compile data into logs, records, reports, etc. and notify supervisor of unusual operation
• Use various types of hand tools including wrenches, drills, impact tools, etc.
• Operate equipment such as forklift, lawn tractors, snowplows, snow blowers, etc.; spread anti-skid materials
• Operate University vehicle as required
Work Schedule: Rotating Days Off: Rotating
Job Requirements: Requires the use of shop mathematics together with the use of complicated drawings, specifications, charts, tables, various types of adjustable measuring instruments and the training generally applicable in a particular or specialized occupation. Equivalent to 1 to 3 years applied trades training. Requires PA DEP Drinking Water License Class A, sub-classes 7, 8, 12, and must pass exam for sub-classes 6 and 10 within 6 months of hire. Over 1 year up to and including 3 years of effective experience.
NOTE: THIS POSITION REQUIRES THAT YOU OPERATE A MOTOR VEHICLE AS A PART OF YOUR JOB DUTIES. A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE AND SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF A MOTOR VEHICLE RECORDS CHECK WILL BE REQUIRED IN ADDITION TO STANDARD BACKGROUND CHECKS.
Finance and Business is committed to fostering workplace climates where employees feel valued, appreciated, and respected. Further, Finance and Business operates under the ideal that valuing the dignity and respect for all persons is paramount to ensuring our operational success. More information on Finance and Business' commitment statement to Diversity and Inclusion can be found by visiting https://fandb.psu.edu/finance-and-business-diversity-statement. Additionally, more information about Penn State's commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion can be found by visiting http://equity.psu.edu/psu-diversity-statement.
Apply online at https://apptrkr.com/2385338
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.