Equipment Operator 2
Lehigh County Authority is seeking candidates with a CDL A license for an Equipment Operator 2 position in our Allentown, PA location. The primary function for the Equipment Operator is to safely operate a variety of general and special purpose equipment, including tractors, trailers, tankers, tri-axles and 10 wheelers in support of LCA’s Wastewater Treatment Facilities.
• Drives tractor-trailers to and from dewatering building, may load trucks with front end loader; connects and disconnects hauling trailers and tankers.
• Transports tankers from Water Filtration to the Wastewater Plant.
• Hauls biosolids to land application sites or landfills.
• Makes polymer mixes for sludge dewatering operation and maintains work area.
• Assists Treatment Plant Operator at sludge dewatering facility.
• Performs preventative maintenance on sludge dewatering equipment and tractor used for jockeying trailers.
• Maintains vehicles, equipment and records as required.
• Plow and remove snow; salts and sands streets and other areas.
• Provide quality and effective customer service with courtesy and understanding to LCA’s customers, citizens and internal departments.
• Assists others and performs utility duties as assigned.
Education, knowledge, and experience requirements:
• High School diploma or GED equivalent and 1-2 years of truck driving experience OR an equivalent combination of related education and experience required.
• Valid PA Class A CDL driver’s license with air brake endorsements required. Valid PA Class A CDL Combination driver’s license (N-Tank Trailers, L-Air Brake) preferred. Individuals without a tanker endorsement will be considered if able and willing to obtain N-Tank Trailers endorsement within 6 months of employment. Must be comfortable driving a 10-speed manual transmission.
• Ability to perform basic math including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
• Candidate must be able to work a rotating schedule. Hours of availability are Monday-Friday 6am-10pm).
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, all applicants MUST include:
• An updated resume
• Brief cover letter describing why you meet the qualifications for our position is required to be considered
• Salary requirement