Equipment Operator II
Are seeking a new opportunity with an organization that provides a rewarding, respectful, empowering, and safe work environment with opportunities for professional fulfillment? Then look no further! Lehigh County Authority is seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Equipment Operator II. In this role, you will be responsible for safely operating a variety of equipment, including tractors, trailers, tankers, triaxles, 10 wheelers with attachments, Bobcat, backhoe, forklifts, and tools.
About Us and What We Offer You
Established in 1966, Lehigh County Authority (LCA) is a municipal authority focused on providing high-quality, affordable water and sewer services to our customers. We operate in a cost-effective and efficient manner that results in affordable rates for public services such as the water and sewer services LCA provides.
LCA works directly with ratepayers (water and sewer customers) to meet their needs and to develop partnerships and cooperative programs with neighboring municipal water and sewer systems. LCA's water rates are among the lowest in the Lehigh Valley, and our regional approach allows us to act quickly and to provide enhanced services where and when needed. LCA is an exciting and busy place to work, and our employees are the key to ensuring that our public services are valuable, affordable and of the high quality our customers expect.
At LCA we are fully focused on equality and inclusion and believe deeply in diversity and all the fascinating characteristics that make us each unique.
Benefits and Perks
As an LCA employee, you would be eligible for competitive pay and benefits including:
• Paid Health, dental and vision coverage – covers employee and eligible dependents with no employee contributions
• Generous paid vacation, sick leave, personal days, and holidays
• Life and voluntary benefits
• Eligibility for two retirement plans - Pennsylvania Municipal Retirement Plan and 457 (Empower)
What the Job Looks Like
As an Equipment Operator II, you will have an opportunity to make a significant and meaningful contribution to the success of LCA through the following core job responsibilities:
• Drives tractor-trailers to and from dewatering building.
• Load trucks with front end loader; connects and disconnects hauling trailers and tankers.
• Makes polymer mixes for sludge dewatering operation and maintains clean polymer room.
• Assists Treatment Plant Operator at sludge dewatering facility.
• Performs preventative maintenance on various equipment and vehicles.
• Utilize a forklift to off-load deliveries.
• Plow and remove snow; salts and sands streets and other areas.
• Provide quality and effective customer service with courtesy and understanding to LCA’s customers, citizens, and internal departments.
• Assists others and performs related work as assigned.
Important Qualifications to your Success
• Education: High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
• Licensure: Valid PA Class A CDL driver’s license with air brake endorsements required, N-Tank Trailers preferred. Individuals without a tanker endorsement will be considered if able and willing to obtain N-Tank Trailers endorsement within 6 months of employment. Must be comfortable driving a 10-speed manual transmission.
• Technical: Must demonstrate the necessary operational and maintenance skills on a tractor-trailer.
• Scheduling: Ability to work rotating shifts with mandatory overtime required.
I’m interested, how do I get started?
Apply to: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oI4SdfwB&s=PRWA
PLEASE NOTE - To be considered, all applicants MUST include:
• An updated resume
• Brief cover letter describing why you meet the qualifications for our position
• Salary requirement
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization. Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for a video interview.
To check on an application you’ve submitted:
If you already registered your account on Jobvite, click here to log in and check the status of your application. If you have not yet registered your account, click here to register.
If you are selected to receive an offer of employment with our company, your employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of work references and other background checks.
We realize that it takes time and effort to go through our application process and we thank you for considering applying for this position. We kindly ask for no emails or phone calls as a means to further your application process. These efforts will not enhance your opportunity for consideration, and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you in advance for your adherence to this request. Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.