Hiring! Source Water Specialist for Pennsylvania Rural Water Association
The Source Water Protection (SWP) Specialist will be part of Pennsylvania Rural Water Association’s SWP team, updating current watershed and groundwater protection plans for water suppliers across Pennsylvania. The Specialist will assist water systems and their communities in implementing their protection plans through education and outreach, as well as on-the-ground project involvement. They will also be responsible for attending public meetings and one-on-one meetings with water suppliers and other entities.
Candidates must have knowledge about watershed resources, and an understanding of community-based planning will be beneficial. A Bachelor’s Degree in a natural resources related field is required. This could include Watershed Resources, Geology, Environmental Studies or Science, Conservation, Land Use Planning, or other similar fields. The ability to work with people independently and facilitate meetings is required, and the candidate must have the ability to develop plans and technical reports. Experience using GIS software is preferred. The candidate must have a valid driver’s license.
- Multi year’s experience or educational background in the water industry and/or local or county government in a compatible area to source water protection or land use planning.
- Technical knowledge of surface water, ground water and the public water supply.
- Willingness to travel extensively, and provide presentations at evening meetings.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to facilitate and mediate meetings toward consensus.
- Must be willing to travel (company paid) at least 1 night per week.
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Company vehicle, cell phone and laptop
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision & life insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
Contact Pennsylvania Rural Water Association Human Resources.