GENERAL SUMMARY: Perform routine laboratory analysis and related tasks for the wastewater and water departments under the supervision of the Operations Manager. Comply with all regulatory requirements under DEP and EPA. Collect and prepare routine samples; report results of process control analysis to licensed operators, perform plant walk-through as needed. Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Clean and maintain wastewater laboratory and equipment,
2. Perform water and wastewater laboratory analysis on process and quality control tests,
3. Collect samples from various MAWSA locations,
4. Communicate test results to the licensed operators,
5. Perform other duties as required; including all MAWSA departments.
• General understanding of water and wastewater systems,
• Effective verbal, oral, and written communication,
• Perform tests as required by state and federal regulations,
• Accurate recordkeeping,
• Computer proficiency,
• Understand and follow written and oral instructions, read, write legibly and make accurate calculations,
• Follow safety procedures and identify hazards,
• Work independently and exercise good time management,
• Frequently lift up to 60 lbs., stand and walk for long periods of time.
• High school diploma or equivalent, preferable knowledge of chemistry/biology,
• Preferred two year certification related to water/wastewater industry,
• Some experience in a lab setting,
• Must possess a valid PA driver's license.
• Work is frequently performed alone, either inside around noisy equipment or in the outdoors in a variety of weather conditions. Adherence to safety standards is required for work which is performed on and around a variety of potentially hazardous electrical or mechanical equipment, occasionally around hazardous substances.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required to perform the job.
REPORT TO: Operations Manager
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Non-exempt
Please email resume and cover letter to [email protected]