Laborer I - Drinking Water
POSITION; Laborer I – Drinking Water
WORK HOURS: 0700 - 1530
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
This position is responsible for performing routine manual work usually of a repetitive nature in various areas of the Drinking Water Group. Work is performed under the general supervision of Drinking Water Managers. Work involves but is not limited to the following: cleans, sweeps, dusts, mops, washes windows, polishes furniture. Cleans gutters, culverts, sewers, and other drainage structures. Cuts grass, maintains flower beds, rakes leaves, shovels snow, and picks up litter. Loads and unloads stone, gravel, dirt, asphalt, pipe, timber, blocks and bricks (weighing up to 35 lbs.) and other objects (weighing up to 100 lbs with mechanical assistance). Sets up and may use rescue retrieval system (weighing up to 200 lbs. with assistance from two (2) additional workers). Mixes concrete, digs and backfills trenches, unfinished laying of block or brick, and performs general maintenance or construction duties, opens manholes and valve covers (weighing up to 200 pounds with manhole hook or co-worker assistance when possible). Remains alert and reacts appropriately to audio and/or visual alarms on vehicular equipment and rescue retrieval system. Assists the meter reader from time to time which may require working in confined spaces.
• Good knowledge of and ability to operate hand and small power tools.
• Ability to operate small motor vehicle equipment.
• Ability to understand and follow instructions.
• Ability to perform work requiring dexterity, often under adverse weather and working conditions.
• Ability to adapt to situations involving repetitive duties and alert with respect to dangers involved with hazardous gases, etc.
• Ability to react quickly and appropriately to alarms and hazardous situations
• One year maintenance, construction or related work experience preferred.
• A valid Pennsylvania Driver's License, Class C.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR LABORER II
• Three (3) years of experience as Laborer
To apply, please visit www.capitalregionwater.com