GENERAL SUMMARY: Under direction, the position will provide support activities for the operations and maintenance of water and wastewater treatment and distribution/collection facilities in the service area to include the Borough and surrounding municipalities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES *
1. Assist in all duties and responsibilities of a water and wastewater treatment plant
2. Assist in customer service such as, but not limited to:
b. Meter servicing
c. Leak/pressure testing
3. Respond to emergencies on a 24-hour basis
4. On-call rotation
Education/Employment: Any combination of education and experience which indicates possession of the skills, knowledge and abilities listed below. An example of acceptable qualifications for this position is ability to obtain DEP Class E Certification for either wastewater or water treatment plant operation; must possess a valid PA driver’s license.
Candidate must have knowledge of:
• Basic mechanics
• Plumbing, preferred
• Safety practices and procedures
Candidate must exhibit the ability to:
• Operate hand and power tools
• Operate light and medium equipment
• Cooperate with co-workers as a member of the MAWSA team
• Work independently but remain flexible in accordance with the demands of scheduling and team needs
• Adhere to safety standards and recognize safety warnings and hazards
• Frequently lift up to 60 lbs., stand and walk for long periods of time
• Perform tasks for extended periods of time in possible adverse weather conditions
• Provide customer service in a polite and courteous manner
• Manage time properly
• Problem solve
• Have basic/general computer literacy
• Execute specific instructions
• Manage and control inventory
*indicates developed within 30-180 days after employment
This position requires you to perform safely in a hazard environment and in occasional inclement weather conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required to perform the job.
REPORTS TO: Operations Supervisor
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Non-exempt