Lead Maintenance Technician (Boyertown, PA)
The Lead Maintenance Technician is responsible for training and overseeing the daily activities of the Maintenance Technician staff.
• Allocates work and provides technical direction, assistance and training to other personnel.
• Ensures that all SOPs are followed, and DOT, OSHA and other requirements are met. Makes recommendations for improving SOPs.
• Trains employees on proper plant operations, repair and installation techniques, SOPs and safe work practices.
• Monitors and reviews work performed by staff and recommends and coaches appropriate improvement.
• Performs advanced repairs on: turbine pumps, electrical motors and panels, centrifugal pumps and chemical feed systems.
• Performs sophisticated electrical troubleshooting and repairs.
• Prepares maintenance schedules for equipment, vehicles and facilities
• Maintains files and records of work orders and task completion.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Willing to work all shifts, including: weekends, holidays, evening and 24-hour emergency on call.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or GED and 8 years of experience.
Licenses/Certifications: Valid Driver’s License (Class B CDL preferred). Other licenses (may vary according to specific site and assignments): SCBA, CSI, Crane and Forklift Operator, Rigging, Metal Cutting.
Technical: Ability to follow manual & operating instructions; Advanced knowledge of automotive mechanics, electrical circuits, wiring electronics & hydraulics, flange assembly, pump, packing & lubrication, relevant hand tools. Root Cause Failure Analysis; Knowledge of hazardous material handling. Advanced proficiency with Microsoft applications, internet & CMMS Systems. Ability to work with basic office equipment & phone systems.
Communication: Communicates clearly & professionally. Contributes to a positive internal & external customer experience. Maintains composure in challenging situations. Collaborates with others. Asks for constructive feedback. Promotes a culture of diversity, respect & accountability. Challenges other through productive discussion.
Problem Solving & Quality: Pays attention to detail. Identifies & solves complex issues. Thinks “big picture” when assessing problems/opportunities. Develops innovative & creative solutions.
Managing for Results: Follows all company policies & SOPs. Delegates, prioritizes & manages the work of others. Balances competing priorities, scheduling issues & deadlines. Delivers effective feedback. Manages cost, quality & expedience.
Leadership & Initiative: Motivates & empowers others. Acts in accordance with company vision, mission & values. Takes accountability for own performance. Willing to take on additional assignments. Seeks out opportunities for leadership & development. Trains, coaches & mentors others. Champions change.
Must be able to: frequently lift 50-60 pounds; load, unload & move large equipment/tools; access confined spaces; continuously walk and climb stairs and ladders.
If you are interested in the position please email resume to [email protected]