Lehigh County Authority has an opening for a MAINTENANCE MECHANIC to support the operations of the wastewater treatment plant. The Maintenance Mechanic will plan and implement the maintenance and repair of electromechanical operated systems, equipment, or pneumatic functional operations. This position requires a skilled candidate with hands-on experience in the maintenance, repair and installation of mechanical and electromechanical equipment.
Lehigh County Authority (LCA) is a municipal authority focused on providing high-quality, affordable water and sewer services to our customers. We operate in a cost-effective and efficient manner that results in affordable rates for public services such as the water and sewer services LCA provides.
As an LCA employee in the Water Resources Department you would be eligible for competitive pay and benefits including:
• Paid Health, dental and vision coverage – covers employee and eligible dependents with no employee contribution
• Generous paid vacation, sick leave, personal days, and holidays
• Company provided life insurance
• Eligibility for two retirement plans - Pennsylvania Municipal Retirement Plan and 457(ICMA).
• High school diploma or equivalent, plus two (2) or more years of experience in maintenance repair and installation of mechanical and electromechanical equipment, OR an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
• Knowledge of plumbing materials, methods, techniques and tools commonly used in maintenance field.
• Knowledge of 110 Volt, 220 Volt electrical panels as well as standard electrical testing equipment
• Knowledge of basic computer operating skills.
• Knowledge and ability to work alone and resolve minor problems.
• Ability to fill out equipment data sheet on new equipment and maintains existing data sheets.
Additional requirements include:
• Must be available to work a standby rotation and be available for emergency call out.
• Valid driver’s license of the appropriate classification.
• Must be willing to obtain a PA Pesticide Certification along with the appropriate categories as needed
• Must be able to life and/or move up to 80 pounds
For full details and to apply, click link below: