Manager, Customer Service & Metering
Manager of Meter and Customer Service
North Penn Water Authority is seeking a qualified person to fill the position of Manager of Meter and Customer Service. Located in Lansdale, PA.
Under the general direction of the Chief Administrative Officer, this position will be responsible for all activity of the Customer Service and Meter Departments staff; a total of 11 full-time employees. The Customer Service Department is the Authority’s primary method of communication with our 35,000 customers. This team handles interactions with customers while processing utility bills, performing account maintenance, and resolving customer issues and concerns. The Meter Department installs, services and maintains individual water meters at each of our customer locations.
You will be responsible for training, coaching, and directing the Supervisors in overseeing their team while ensuring they have all the tools and training needed to excel in their positions. You will also be a team player with a positive and professional attitude with excellent communication skills.
• Oversee the Supervisors who are in charge of the daily operations of the Customer Service and Meter Departments.
• Work with Supervisors to develop and maintain various forms of customer correspondence.
• Oversee that corrective measures are implemented to adjust customer billing and meter readings when warranted.
• Assist Customer Service and Meter Supervisors with professional development plans for themselves and their teams.
• Handle escalated Customer Service and Meter Departments customer issues in a professional and effective manner, thoroughly document details of actions taken, and maintain confidentiality of information.
• Ability to understand and review meter and billing data as needed.
• Ensure meter installation, replacement, and testing is completed per regulatory standards.
• Completes work and projects in a thorough and timely manner with accuracy and attention to detail and ensures that Supervisors and their teams do as well.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
• A solid understanding of water distribution systems and in-depth knowledge of water meter operations and AMI technology required.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Excellent supervisory skills.
• Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written.
• Minimum of 8 years of related experience and 5 years of supervisor experience required.
• Bachelor’s degree level of education strongly preferred.
• Valid Driver’s License.
• Valid Waterworks Operator Certification preferred.
• Knowledge of International Fire and Building Codes, NFPA Standards relating to fire suppression systems, AWWA Standards, and the PA Municipal Authorities Act a plus.
• Good working knowledge of computer systems essential. Familiarity with AMI technology, Microsoft Office, Cogsdale, and Cityworks a plus.
• Normal hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, with occasional night and weekend work required for urgent and emergency situations.
ABOUT NORTH PENN WATER AUTHORITY
Established in 1965, North Penn Water Authority (NPWA) is a municipally owned, nonprofit Authority with a dedicated, professional workforce committed to providing the community with a safe, reliable, and economical water supply. Our employees, many of whom are NPWA customers themselves, take pride in being able to provide this service to the community. We look forward to the successful candidate joining our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
NPWA reviews each application that is received. Please remember to check your emails for updates about your application. After applying, review your email to ensure that you have completed all requested information, and that you have received a confirmation email. Applications are not added to our systems until you receive a confirmation email.