PA Rural Water Source Water Protection Specialist
Pennsylvania Rural Water Association is hiring a full-time Source Water Protection Specialist.
Job overview: The Source Water Protection (SWP) Specialist will be part of Pennsylvania Rural Water Association's SWP team, developing and updating current Source Water Protection plans for water suppliers across Eastern Pennsylvania. The Specialist will assist water systems and their communities in implementing their protection plans through education and outreach, as well as on-the-ground project involvement. She or he will also be responsible for attending public meetings and one-on-one meetings with water suppliers and other entities.
Background requirements: Candidates must have knowledge about watershed resources, and an understanding of community-based planning will be beneficial. A Bachelor's Degree in a natural resources related field is required. This could include Watershed Resources, Geology, Environmental Studies or Science, Conservation, Land Use Planning, or other similar fields. The ability to work independently is required. The candidate must have the ability to develop technical reports, protection plans and to facilitate meetings when necessary. The candidate must have a valid driver's license.
- Experience using GIS software is highly beneficial
- Multi year's experience or educational background in the water industry and/or local or county government in a compatible area to source water protection or land use planning.
- Technical knowledge of surface water, ground water and the public water supply.
- Willingness to travel and provide presentations at evening meetings.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to facilitate and mediate meetings toward consensus.
- Candidate will primarily focus on systems in Eastern Pennsylvania. Prefer that candidate reside east of Bellefonte, PA.
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Company vehicle, cell phone and laptop
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision & life insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
- Job Type: Full-time
- Pay: $35,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
More details and all applications must be made at Indeed