Project Engineer - Capital Region Water, Harrisburg, PA
Capital Region Water is looking for a dedicated, driven, and creative Project Engineer to join its team.
This position will work in Capital Region Water’s Engineering Department to assist in planning and administering capital improvement programs to ensure the resilience of our infrastructure systems. Functions of this position will include:
• Coordination and support of professional engineering and planning consultants in the design and execution of infrastructure improvement projects (Drinking Water, Wastewater, and Stormwater/GI);
• Support of bidding, review, and administration of construction and professional service contracts.
• Review of service requests for connection to CRW’s systems.
• Review land development and other submissions for compliance with CRW standards.
• Manage or support facilities permitting needs (renewal and new project related).
• Routine communication and support of operations department needs.
• Coordination of response to design utility location requests.
• Attend office and field meetings related to infrastructure improvement projects.
• Interface with City of Harrisburg Engineering, Planning and Public Works Departments.
• Interface with PA DEP, Dauphin County, etc. as required.
• Prepare documents and reports for monthly Board of Directors' meetings.
• Represent Engineering Department in meetings, conferences and professional organization forums.
Qualified applicants will possess the following:
• B.S. in Civil/Environmental Engineering, Landscape Architecture or related field with focus on Drinking Water, Wastewater, and Stormwater conveyance and treatment.
• Minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience.
• Working towards license as Professional Engineer or Registered Landscape Architect license in Pennsylvania.
• GIS and Asset Management Program experience (ESRI ARCINFO and Azteca Cityworks).
• Hydraulic modeling experience.
CRW is committed to providing employees with ample opportunities to contribute, to lead, and be recognized as innovators, to look beyond barriers to provide solutions, to be challenged in what they do and enjoy doing it.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with the candidate's qualifications and experience. CRW provides an excellent benefits package for its employees.
If you believe you have the experience and drive to succeed in this position, please visit www.capitalregionwater.com to submit your application, cover letter with salary requirement, and resume.