Are you looking for an opportunity to further your career? Lehigh County Authority is seeking an experienced, outgoing professional to join our team in the role of Project Manager. If you are a detailed oriented multitasker who enjoys a mix of problem solving and building rapport with a variety of contacts, then this might be the job for you!
In this exciting role, you will be responsible for management of Capital Works projects in the City of Allentown for water and wastewater facilities. Work involves all phases of project administration, planning, design, bidding and construction.
About Us and What we Offer You
Established in 1966, Lehigh County Authority (LCA) is a municipal authority focused on providing high-quality, affordable water and sewer services to our customers. We operate in a cost-effective and efficient manner that results in affordable rates for public services such as the water and sewer services LCA provides.
LCA works directly with ratepayers (water and sewer customers) to meet their needs and to develop partnerships and cooperative programs with neighboring municipal water and sewer systems. LCA's water rates are among the lowest in the Lehigh Valley, and our regional approach allows us to act quickly and to provide enhanced services where and when needed. LCA is an exciting and busy place to work, and our employees are the key to ensuring that our public services are valuable, affordable and of the high quality our customers expect.
At LCA, we are fully focused on equality and inclusion and believe deeply in diversity and all the fascinating characteristics that make us each unique.
Benefits and Perks
As an LCA employee you would be eligible for competitive pay and benefits including:
• Health, dental and vision coverage
• Generous paid vacation, sick leave, personal days, and holidays
• Company provided life insurance, short- and long-term disability
• Eligibility for two retirement plans - Pennsylvania Municipal Retirement Plan and 457(Empower)
What the Job Looks Like
As a Project Manager, you will have a unique opportunity to make a significant and meaningful contribution to the success of Lehigh County Authority through the following core job responsibilities:
• Project management and project engineering work related to all phases of Allentown Division (AD) facility/infrastructure improvements (vertical projects).
• Consultant selection process and consultant oversight.
• Project funding, budgeting and project accounting.
• Works closely with engineering consultants, contractors, City Compliance Office, utilities, interested groups, and others in the conduct of projects.
• Makes presentations before LCA board and other groups as requested by CCWO.
• Participates in a variety of special studies and reports such as updating master plans, annual indenture report, feasibility studies, and other reports required by the Lease. Gathers facility data for consultants as part of the study work as required.
• Other duties include in-house design and bidding of small projects, permit procurement and coordination regulatory agencies, and conducting presentations on specific projects and programs.
Important Qualifications to your Success
• Education: Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or related field from an accredited college or university.
• Experience: A minimum of five (5) years of project management experience in the water/wastewater field with at least three (3) years in a supervisory capacity. Prior work experience in the construction industry is required.
• Computer Skills: Proficient in use of word processing, spreadsheet, and database operations. Knowledge of personal computer software for hydraulic analysis is desirable.
• Technical: Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of civil engineering with experience in water and wastewater engineering. Knowledge of water and wastewater treatment processes, and water and wastewater facilities equipment and infrastructure. Knowledge of current construction costs for water and wastewater infrastructure and equipment.
• Communication: Ability to express oneself, clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• PE: Possession of or ability to obtain a Professional Engineer (PE) license is preferred.
• Licensure: Possession of a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license.
I’m interested, how do I get started?
PLEASE NOTE - To be considered, all applicants MUST include:
• An updated resume
• Brief cover letter describing why you meet the qualifications for our position
• Salary requirement
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization. Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for a video interview.
To check on an application you’ve submitted:
If you already registered your account on Jobvite, click here to log in and check the status of your application
If you have not yet registered your account, click here to register
If you are selected to receive an offer of employment with our company, your employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of work references and other background checks.
We realize that it takes time and effort to go through our application process and we thank you for considering applying for this position. We kindly ask for no emails or phone calls as a means to further your application process. These efforts will not enhance your opportunity for consideration, and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you in advance for your adherence to this request.
Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.