Project Specialist -- Elizabethtown, PA
Provide technical project support for residuals management from municipal, industrial, and commercial wastewater treatment and potable-water treatment; conduct fieldwork at wastewater and agricultural sites; interact with officials from USEPA and state environmental agencies; review and analyze data; and prepare regulatory permit applications and regulatory reports on behalf of clients.
- Assist in analyzing municipal, industrial, and commercial wastewater/water treatment needs and regulatory requirements, and translate those needs into viable and cost-effective solutions utilizing environmental science expertise.
- Apply principles of environmental science and engineering, adapt and modify techniques and approaches, identify roadblocks and design multiple solution paths, anticipate and mitigate undesired outcomes, and evaluate regulatory options and incentives.
- Assist with preparation of project reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends, and present information at client meetings. Infrequent multiple-day overnight travel is possible.
- Update job knowledge by tracking regulatory programs and standards, participate in educational opportunities, read professional publications, maintain personal networks, and participate in professional organizations.
Salary Range: $39,000 - $49,000 per year
- BS degree in:
- Environmental Science,
- Environmental Resource Management,
- Agricultural Engineering,
- Environmental Engineering,
- Soil Science,
- Horticulture, or
- Consulting experience: 0 years required.
- Ability to learn and apply project-management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with focus on Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Must be highly self-motivated, responsible, demonstrate excellent organizational and communication skills, and be able to assist in managing multiple clients and projects
- Possess the ingenuity and initiative required to troubleshoot problems, coordinate problem resolution, and to meet assignment deadlines within a team environment
- Capable of driving/operating a motor vehicle for company business
- Experience with state and/or federal permitting, and regulatory review and interpretation
- Proficiency with field investigations, sample collection, as well as data collection, management, and analysis
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Maintain a valid driver's license in the state of residence
About the Company
Material Matters is a highly respected consulting firm specializing in expertise with biosolids and residuals processing/management/use, wastewater treatment, data management, and regulations. Material Matters is based in Elizabethtown, PA. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, handicap, or national origin. We offer competitive benefits including health, disability, and 401k plan. Projects, employees, and publications are detailed at https://materialmatters.com/.
To apply: Submit resume and cover letter online, http://bit.ly/MMProjSpecialist
Applications are not accepted by mail/email.
Keywords: residuals, biosolids, field investigation, project management, environment, environmental science