Project Systems Specialist
Position: Project Systems Specialist FLSA: Exempt
Division: Finance Posted: April 30,2021
Rate: $50,000-$56,000 Application Deadline: 4:00 p.m., July 30, 2021
The Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority is seeking a candidate for the position of Project Systems Specialist. They will be responsible for assisting with maintaining Engineering and Construction Department’s project management information system (e-Builder), process modifications and implementation, project reporting, and support Engineering and Construction Department business needs.
This individual, under the supervision of the Senior Manager of Project Controls, will work closely with our internal staff and external vendors to deliver, maintain, and troubleshoot systems functionality through user feedback and knowledge of project management systems and practices.
• Support in maintaining projects handled by the project managers through the e-Builder system structure including scope, budget, and schedule.
• e-Builder liaison between Engineering, Finance, Procurement, and assisting other PWSA departments utilizing e-Builder.
• Responsible for project setup which includes entry of project budgets, commitments, and purchase orders.
• Assists in identifying, defining and developing solutions to issues that arise in existing processes.
• Responsible for managing and updating Project Management Policies and Standard Operating Procedures (PMP-SOP) manual, while making quarterly updates to the manual with regards to new processes, policies, and procedures.
• Assisting and supporting e-Builder team with processing invoicing, contractor pay applications, and/or purchase orders conducted within or outside of e-Builder.
• Works to generate dashboards and reports for departments.
• Develops, tests, and produces e-Builder processes for Engineering, Finance, Procurement, and for other departments. Reviews and modifies existing processes and procedures to help streamline the system making it more efficient and effective.
• Works with project managers to ensure their projects are updated in e-Builder and are accurate throughout the project life cycle.
• Attends monthly Engineering and Project Controls meetings with all system users to ensure adequate functionality and problem resolution.
• Follow (or adhere to) policies and procedures to ensure the company has proper controls embedded in each process.
• Monitor internal controls related to all phases of project life cycles, by reviewing existing dashboards and/or reports.
• Distributes and updates notices relevant to the Project Management System.
• Assists with related user maintenance activities, such as setup, role assignment, role permissions, and license utilization.
• Performs data entry to ensure accurate tracking of budgets and schedules.
• Assist e-Builder training sessions, webinars, project audit sessions, and meeting invites.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Two to four-year degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or related field.
• Must show two or more years of professional and project systems/construction management software experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products, particularly Excel.
• The successful applicant shall exhibit and/or demonstrate adequate knowledge of project management software (preferably e-Builder) or other related project management products (s) and must exhibit effective written and verbal communication skills. Confident and skilled in working independently and proficient in functioning in a team environment is desired.
Applicant must have permanent residency in the City of Pittsburgh at time of appointment and remain a permanent resident throughout employment with the PWSA. Verification of City residence is required at time of filing application.
Applicant must present a current, valid Class C (Class 1) PA Motor Vehicle Operator’s License at the time of application or prior to appointment. A valid driver’s license must be maintained throughout employment.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
• The employee will be required to complete routine office work in a standard office setting. They also must regularly lift or move up to 20 pounds.
• Exhibit full range of motion to complete tasks like climbing, balancing, kneeling, or grasping.
• Ability to utilize senses to see, hear, and talk.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Application forms are available online at www.pgh2o.com/about-us/careers or in the Human Resources Department at 1200 Penn Avenue. Submit application, resume, and cover letter to [email protected], by fax at 412-393-0513, or by mail at the following address:
Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority
ATTN: Human Resources
1200 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
If you have any questions, please contact us at 412-255-8800.
You may be considered for other available positions based on qualifications provided on your employment application.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The PWSA does not discriminate against anyone based on race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, place of birth, sex, sexual orientation, family status, age, or non-disqualifying disability, or on any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.