SCADA Systems Analyst
SCADA Systems Analyst
Are you seeking an opportunity to further your career with an organization that provides a rewarding, respectful, empowering, and safe work environment with opportunities for professional fulfillment? Then look no further! Lehigh County Authority is seeking an experienced SCADA Systems Analyst to join our team. Responsible for programming automation and control systems involving PLCs, the SCADA Systems Analyst supports both IT personnel and SCADA end users. If you are proficient with PLCs such as Allen Bradley, Modicon, Siemens, or Omron and can create and read logic and flow diagrams for program design, programming, simulation, testing, and start up, we want to hear from you!
About Us and What We Offer You
Established in 1966, Lehigh County Authority (LCA) is a municipal authority focused on providing high-quality, affordable water and sewer services to our customers. We operate in a cost-effective and efficient manner that results in affordable rates for public services such as the water and sewer services LCA provides.
LCA works directly with ratepayers (water and sewer customers) to meet their needs and to develop partnerships and cooperative programs with neighboring municipal water and sewer systems. LCA's water rates are among the lowest in the Lehigh Valley, and our regional approach allows us to act quickly and to provide enhanced services where and when needed. LCA is an exciting and busy place to work, and our employees are the key to ensuring that our public services are valuable, affordable and of the high quality our customers expect.
At LCA we are fully focused on equality and inclusion and believe deeply in diversity and all the fascinating characteristics that make us each unique.
Benefits and Perks
As an LCA employee, you would be eligible for competitive pay and benefits including:
• Health, dental, and vision coverage
• Generous paid vacation, excused absence, personal days, and holidays
• Company provided life and disability coverage
• Flex Spending Plan
• Eligibility for two retirement plans - Pennsylvania Municipal Retirement Plan and 457( Empower)
What the Job Looks Like
As a SCADA Systems Analyst, you will have an opportunity to make a significant and meaningful contribution to the success of LCA through the following core job responsibilities:
• Programming automation and control systems involving PLCs (programmable logic controllers).
• Establish basic design and specifications for control systems and associated instrumentation.
• Work from wiring diagrams, drawings, equipment manuals, specifications, general instructions and standard knowledge of SCADA maintenance.
• Create and/or update wiring diagrams in digital format from existing paper documentation.
• Create and maintain accurate records regarding new, upgrade and repair work.
• Test procedure development.
• Startup assistance/troubleshooting.
• Develop new control concepts, as required.
• Assist with control system design work, such as installation drawings and details, loops drawings, logic diagrams and vendor drawings.
• Ability to be on call after normal business hours.
• Perform related work as required.
Important Qualifications to your Success
• Education: Technology diploma, engineering degree or equivalent, specializing in electronics, electrical or controls technology.
• Experience: Minimum of two years programming and troubleshooting with current PLC hardware and programming software, preferably in an industrial automation environment.
• Technical: Programming familiarity with primary PLC system in market today. (Allen Bradley, PLC5, Siemens, Modicon). (Alarms, graphs, communications). Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
• Communication: Effective verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills, must be able to foster team cooperation.
I’m interested, how do I get started?
Apply to: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oDwTdfwZ&s=PRWA
PLEASE NOTE - To be considered, all applicants MUST include:
• An updated resume
• Brief cover letter describing why you meet the qualifications for our position
• Salary requirement
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization. Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for a video interview.
To check on an application you’ve submitted:
If you already registered your account on Jobvite, click here to log in and check the status of your application. If you have not yet registered your account, click here to register.
If you are selected to receive an offer of employment with our company, your employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of work references and other background checks.
We realize that it takes time and effort to go through our application process and we thank you for considering applying for this position. We kindly ask for no emails or phone calls as a means to further your application process. These efforts will not enhance your opportunity for consideration, and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you in advance for your adherence to this request. Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.