Security Coordinator | Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority (PWSA)
Under the supervision of the Security Manager, this position will assist in coordinating security activities for all Authority facilities including, but not limited to, the downtown office, water treatment plant, warehouse, pump stations, reservoirs, and field locations. The incumbent will primarily be responsible for overseeing security staff as well as assisting in the implementation of the security program.
• Manage the Authority’s security guard force including, but not limited to proper staffing, scheduling, training, SOP implementation, and shift coverage as necessary.
• Ensure compliance with security policies and regulations and assist in the implementation of Authority security measures.
• Safeguard the overall security of PWSA facilities and critical assets.
• Collect and analyze security data and assessments to determine security needs.
• Train internal and external stakeholders in PWSA security processes and procedures.
• Participate in the investigation and assessment of any security threats or breaches.
• Issue, maintain, and terminate new and/or replacement photo identification cards and access control keys for all new and current PWSA employees.
• Perform other related tasks as assigned or required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent management and supervisory skills.
• Working knowledge of security best practices and local law.
• Technical knowledge including access control systems, surveillance systems, and Microsoft Office.
• Sound judgment, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work with employees, contractors, and vendors at all levels.
The following requirements list the minimum education/training/experience required to qualify for this job. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be accepted:
• Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Criminology, Psychology or related field from an accredited college or university.
• Three to five years of experience in the security field, with one year of management. Background in law enforcement or Armed Forces preferred.
• CPR/First Aid certification required.
• Preferred Act 120 certification.
General Requirements: Applicant must present a current, valid Class C (Class 1) Motor Vehicle Operator’s License at the time of application or before appointment. A valid driver’s license must be maintained throughout employment. Applicant must present an up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination at the time of application or before the commencement of work (subject to applicable law including the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 reasonable accommodation requirements). Applicants are also subject to a System for Award Management (SAM) or any successor system search as maintained by the General Services Administration (GSA) to ensure compliance with federal procurement and non-procurement programs.
Residency Requirements: Applicant must have permanent residency in the City of Pittsburgh or one of the following thirty-six (36) surrounding communities at time of appointment and remain a permanent resident throughout employment with the PWSA: Aspinwall Borough, Baldwin Borough, Baldwin Township, Bellevue Borough, Brentwood Borough, Carnegie Borough, Castle Shannon, Borough City of Pittsburgh, Crafton Borough, Dormont Borough, Edgewood, Borough Etna, Borough Fox Chapel Borough, Greentree Borough, Homestead Borough, Ingram Borough, Kennedy Township, McKees Rocks Borough, Millvale Borough, Mt. Lebanon Municipality, Mt. Oliver Borough, Munhall Borough, O'Hara Township, Penn Hills Municipality, Reserve Township, Robinson Township, Ross Township, Rosslyn Farms Borough, Scott Township, Shaler Township, Sharpsburg Borough, Swissvale Borough, Thornburg, West Homestead Borough, West Mifflin Borough, Whitehall Borough, Wilkinsburg Borough.
Examination: A drug screen, background check, and/or physical may be required for appointment.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and see, talk and hear.
• The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a moderate or quiet noise level in the office work environment.
• The employee will frequently travel to different sites to perform duties.
• May perform work outdoors under extreme weather.
• The employee may be exposed to confined, high spaces, like erect scaffolding; loud conditions with vibrations, traffic, mechanical, chemical, fire, and explosive risks; and odors, dust, fumes, mists, poor ventilation, and gases which may require a respirator.
• Availability to work all three shifts, as well as weekends, and holidays.
• Subject to remain on duty beyond normal hours and/or recalled during emergency situations or other extensive periods.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Applications: Please apply online on our website https://www.pgh2o.com/about-us/careers
If you have questions regarding your application, please contact the Human Resources Department at:
PWSA Human Resources Department
1200 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
An Equal Opportunity Employer: The PWSA does not discriminate against anyone based on race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, place of birth, sex, sexual orientation, family status, age, or non-disqualifying disability, or on any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Position: Security Coordinator
Division: Safety & Security
Rate: $55,000 - $65,000
Application Deadline: Until Filled