Senior Wastewater Operator
Montgomery Township Municipal Sewer Authority (MTMSA) is seeking a full-time, experienced Operator to join our team!
• Seven years of progressive experience in wastewater operations
• Current PA-DEP Wastewater Operator (Class A or B) or Collector (E4) License
• Possess a valid PA Class C Driver’s license with a safe driving record; valid PA CDL Class A or B license preferred
• Ability to work in all weather conditions
• Availability to work on-call emergencies, weekends, and holidays
Primary Responsibilities (this is not an all-encompassing list of duties):
• Perform labor involved in construction and maintenance of wastewater system and pump stations as part of a crew, such as ditch digging, line cleaning, main and pipe repair, laying pipe and backfilling.
• Operate and maintain line inspection and video equipment to survey lines; televise underground sewer lines, storm drains, and sewer laterals; perform confined space entries as an entrant or attendant.
• Responsible for maintaining and understanding the Collection system, including identifying potential issues and suggesting problem resolutions.
• Inspect, maintain, and operate a variety of heavy construction and maintenance equipment.
• Repair, maintain and ensure the security of manholes and pump stations; monitor and record pump station operations including flow rates, pump hours, electrical and telemetry problems, and SCADA.
• Transport wastewater biosolids to appropriate disposal sites as needed.
• Installation and inspection of new sewer lines and services.
• Lawn mowing and maintenance of public rights of way including clearing small trees, debris, etc.
• Descend into deep excavations and confined spaces (can be upwards of 25+ feet deep).
For immediate consideration, complete an employment application available at https://www.mtmsa.org/m/main-menu/2989 and submit with a resume via email to [email protected]. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
$31-$36 per hour and will be based on the applicant’s qualifications and experience. A comprehensive benefit package is offered.
MTMSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.