Staff Accountant - North Penn Water Authority - Lansdale
Our organization is seeking an accounting professional to perform and review a range of complex accounting transactions, calculations and analysis to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the Authority’s General Ledger. Our ideal candidate is someone who can collaborate with a team and thrive as an individual with enthusiasm and positive energy.
• Performs daily accounting tasks and processes a variety of accounting transactions such as cash management, bank reconciliations, debt payments, and investment analysis, with the ability to apply research methods to correct any discrepancies;
• Maintains accounting records in a complex, computerized financial accounting system;
• Prepares detailed journal entries including annual accruals and other audit-related annual adjustments;
• Analyzes account activities, balances subsidiary ledgers with the general ledger, performs related reconciliations, and monitors the overall integrity of general ledger.
• Prepares monthly financial statement reports and other monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting reports for management;
• Prepares year-end audit work papers and performs internal control procedures needed to ensure the accuracy and quality of financial accounting records;
• Performs other related duties, as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or related field and at least three years of applicable work experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the position;
• Experience in government or nonprofit accounting and/or auditing;
• Exceptional relationship-building skills to deal effectively with individuals at all levels of responsibility and authority;
• Excellent attention to detail and strong analytical skills;
• Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Software, preferably MS Dynamics GP.
ABOUT NORTH PENN WATER AUTHORITY:
Established in 1965, North Penn Water Authority (NPWA) is a municipally owned, nonprofit Authority with a dedicated, professional workforce committed to providing the community with a safe, reliable, and economical water supply. Our employees, many of whom are NPWA customers themselves, take pride in being able to provide this service to the community. We look forward to the successful candidate joining our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NPWA reviews each application that is received. Please remember to check your emails for updates about your application. After applying, review your email to ensure that you have completed all requested information, and that you have received a confirmation email. Applications are not added to our systems until you receive a confirmation email.