Utility Maintenance Supervisor
Utility Maintenance Supervisor
If you are interested in a rewarding career with a dynamic organization that provides opportunities to learn and grow, then look no further! Lehigh County Authority is seeking a Utility Maintenance Supervisor in Allentown, PA. We are seeking candidates with a strong knowledge base in water/sewer repair and maintenance, and excellent leadership and decision-making skills. As in our line of work unscheduled events occur, you must be organized and able to adjust course to address urgent issues. The ability to lead a team through coaching, training and development of staff is imperative, prior experience in a union environment would be helpful.
What the Job Looks Like
The schedule for this position will be Monday-Friday day shift hours with emergency overtime potential, and participation in a 24/7 standby rotation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Directs, prioritizes, and evaluates the activities of personnel engaged in the installation, maintenance, repair, and servicing of water supply facilities, water mains, services, valves, fire hydrants, sewer cleaning, odor control, CCTV sewer line inspection, operation, and maintenance.
• Prepares daily work schedules and coordinates the work of several crews involved in the installation, maintenance, and repair of the systems.
• Supervises the work of several crews by visiting the work sites, inspecting work-in-process or completed jobs, discussing problems encountered or anticipated by Crew Leaders, determining procedures to resolve unusual problems, and noting observed job quality and work habits of the crews.
• Provides quality and effective customer service with courtesy and understanding to our customers, citizens, contractors, and internal departments. Responds to customer or contractor complaints.
• Comprehends and analyzes water and sewer system information including reports, electronic mapping system viewer (GIS) maps.
• Analyzes utility problems and determines corrective actions.
• Works with a computerized maintenance management system software.
• Supervises in-house vehicle maintenance and safety-related programs.
• Prepares estimated costs and participates in budget preparation.
• Recommends and documents disciplinary actions.
• Prepares monthly and special reports as requested.
• Orders materials and equipment.
• Performs related work as may be required.
Important Qualifications to your Success
• Education: High School diploma or GED equivalent supplemented by water/sewer-related courses
• Experience: 5 years of experience in construction maintenance, repair, and operations of utility systems with at least 3 of those years in a responsible progressive role.
• Licensure: Driver’s license required. PA Class E Operator license, Nassco certification in PACP/MACP/LACP, and/or CDL license are a plus.
• Skills: Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and CMMS (work order) systems. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, proven leadership abilities, and advanced interpersonal skills to successfully interact with all levels of the organization and the public.
About Us and What We Offer You
Established in 1966, Lehigh County Authority (LCA) is a non-profit, municipal authority focused on providing high-quality, affordable water and sewer services to our customers. We operate in a cost-effective and efficient manner that results in affordable rates for public services such as the water and sewer services LCA provides.
LCA works directly with ratepayers (water and sewer customers) to meet their needs and to develop partnerships and cooperative programs with neighboring municipal water and sewer systems. LCA's water rates are among the lowest in the Lehigh Valley, and our regional approach allows us to act quickly and to provide enhanced services where and when needed. LCA is an exciting and busy place to work, and our employees are the key to ensuring that our public services are valuable, affordable and of the high quality our customers expect.
Benefits and Perks
LCA offers competitive pay and robust benefits including:
• Health, dental and vision coverage – covers employee and eligible dependents with affordable employee contributions.
• Generous paid vacation, excused absence, personal days, and holidays.
• Company provided life insurance.
• Eligibility for two retirement plans - Pennsylvania Municipal Defined Benefit Retirement Plan and 457(Empower).
I’m interested, how do I get started?
Apply to: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=o3nKgfwa&s=PRWA
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization.
Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for a video interview.
Thank you for considering us as a potential employer!