SUMMARY: Responsible for overall operation and maintenance of the Company’s wastewater assets in conjunction with Maintenance & Grounds and Wastewater Superintendency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Responsible for the efficient and productive operation of all wastewater systems.
2. Remain current on changing technologies, practices and procedures to improve the operation of the department through classes, seminars, professional meetings, technical journals and etc.
3. Ensure the Company meets all wastewater reporting requirements at the local, state and federal levels.
4. Ensure qualified backup operators are available through contractual arrangements with local and area subcontractors.
5. Assist in the preparation of the operating and capital budgets as assigned.
6. Ensure the safety of surrounding area from hazardous releases by monitoring, assessing and acting on implementation of new processes, procedures, installation of physical equipment that minimizes or eliminates potential risk of release.
7. Assist in the assessment of any potential future wastewater acquisitions.
8. Be available for 24 hour call out as needed.
9. Schedule routine maintenance of system.
10. Complete required paperwork and reports in an accurate and timely fashion.
11. Consistently demonstrate positive and professional behavior with all individuals contacted on behalf of the Company including employees.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS;
Valid PA driver's license.
Obtain and maintain required wastewater certifications.