Wastewater Treatment Operators needed!
Turkey Hill Dairy has an IMMEDIATE NEED for Wastewater Treatment Operators for our facility in Conestoga, PA. If interested, please click the link below to start our application:
The Wastewater Treatment Operator is responsible for the cost-effective operation of the wastewater treatment facility and potable water supply and distribution system within all regulatory requirements. This person will have the necessary state and local certifications required to operate the facility, Drinking Water Class C and Wastewater Class C minimum. Must be able to acquire subclass licenses as required.
Essential Job Functions:
* Generate monthly discharge monitoring reports for the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (PA-DEP).
* Generate water usage and levels monitoring reports for the Susquehanna River Basin Commission (SRBC).
* Perform daily testing of wastewater and ensure weekly testing is coordinated through an outside vendor.
* Work with chemical vendors with required testing and any recommended or necessary changes.
* Purchase all chemicals and equipment necessary for the cost-effective operation of wastewater treatment.
* Approve all related charges and/or billings and forwards to Accounts Payable for processing.
* Maintain all equipment associated with the wastewater treatment operation. Maintain proper documentation of work completed as required by regulatory agencies.
* Communicate with production staff to determine necessary water flow and report on Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP) performance.
* Prepare daily water flow and usage report and forward to appropriate staff.
* Complete all tasks required for sludge management.
* Monitor and maintain incoming water supply and distribution system.
* Provide remote monitoring and response support, as needed, to ensure timely response to any after-hours condition changes or trends.
* Perform all duties within established Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) regulations and safety guidelines.
* Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements. Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the Safe Quality Food (SQF) 2000 Systems. Is accountable to the Turkey Hill Food Safety and Quality Principles.
* Demonstrates knowledge of continuous improvement and lean methodology.
* Works effectively with department and cross-functional teams to define and implement process improvements that provide value to the customer.
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Class C Water & Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator License
* Desired Previous Job Experience
* 3-5 years of related experience