Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator
Breakneck Creek Regional Authority (BCRA) Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator
BCRA is accepting resumes for full-time employment for the Wastewater Treatment Plant. Applicants must reside within a reasonable response time to the wastewater treatment facility located at 1166 Mars Evans City Road, Mars, Pa. 16046.
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators perform skilled and semi-skilled work in the operation and maintenance of wastewater treatment, sludge processing, and laboratory process control in a wastewater treatment facility; maintain operating conditions by interpreting meters, gauges, biological and chemical analysis and observation of the treatment process; maintain equipment and facilities in a safe, effective and orderly condition to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the 4.5 MGD SBR wastewater treatment facility.
Hourly Rate: Based on Experience
• Driver's License (Required)
• High School Diploma or (GED) (Required)
• Pennsylvania Wastewater Operator’s License A,E, 1,2,3,4 or equivalent (Required)
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (Required)
• Wastewater Treatment Plant Experience: 3 years (Preferred)
• Operates treatment processes and equipment in wastewater treatment facilities.
• Performs daily plant duties including site housekeeping, measuring chemical usage, making process decisions, performing maintenance on wastewater treatment equipment and collecting / testing wastewater samples. Supports other departments, as needed.
• Performs “On-Call’ duties at the utility in response to emergency problems related to the treatment plant and collection system.
• Perform other duties or special projects as requested related to the area of responsibility.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills; communicate effectively (clearly, concisely, and professionally) with outside contractors and internal staff.
• Be able to readily read, understand and accurately follow operating instructions both written and verbal.
• Familiarity with computers/tablets and work systems such as Microsoft office suite. Ability to read, understand and accurately follow operating instructions both written and verbal with ability to work well under pressure.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Email resumes to:
[email protected] subject: Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Position
Mail resumes to:
Breakneck Creek Regional Authority
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Position
Matthew Marasco, MBA
1166 Mars Evans City Road
PO Box 1180
Mars, PA. 16046