Water Authority Service Manager/Superintendent
Reporting to the Executive Director and serving as an integral member of the senior leadership team, the Service Manager will be responsible for directing all phases of the service department’s operations.
1. Provides leadership and project management for the Service Department, provides input
for the Strategic Planning Process, develops Policies and Procedures to maintain Authority goals and objectives.
2. Manages the department’s fiscal budget and authorizes all department purchases
including water meters, meter parts, vehicles, service equipment, and supplies.
3. Sets department policies and procedures in various areas including delinquent accounts, collections, backflow prevention program, service calls and customer complaints and new policies involving the Service Department.
4. Completes Authority forms and keeps records as required by various outside agencies.
5. Furnishes monthly reports as required by the Executive Director.
7. Responds to customer inquiries and complaints, plumbers, contractors, and other related
topics associated with the Service Department and service territory, including meter sizing, location, placement of meters, service-lines, and meter manifolds.
8. Assigning route numbers / account numbers, and work orders necessary for processing and entering new service connections to enable as permanent record on system (Domestic and/or Fire Protection).
12. Manages Telephone Answering Service (TAS) and first responders (Servicemen) outside
normal business hours to maintain 24/7 emergency operations.
13. Manages AMI system, daily meter reading, maintenance, and upgrading as part of daily
service department operations.
14. Manages Authorities mobile telephones, pagers, and upgrades as needed.
15. Manages Authority GPS vehicle Tracking and upgrades as needed.
16. Manages general maintenance, repairs, upgrading, for the ‘Administration’ and ‘Reis Run
Rd’ building and property.
17. Performs emergency duties, must be available during emergencies and is subject to
Weekend and Holiday On-Call as scheduled by the Authority.
18. Performs additional duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Environmental, or related field; five to seven year’s related experience and/or training; three years of prior management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please submit resumes via email by February 11, 2019 to nkhour[email protected]