Doylestown Township is seeking applications for an open Water Operator position within DTMA. Applicants shall hold and maintain a valid and current Pennsylvania Driver Operator License in good standing. The candidate hired shall be required to maintain a commercial driver license (CDL). The applicant must be a non-smoker and successfully pass the required drug testing in accordance with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania commercial driver regulations. In addition, applicants with a Pennsylvania Water Operator License of "B" or greater are preferred. However, those without a license would be required to earn a PA Water Operator License with sub-classifications 7, 8, 10, 11 and 12 at a minimum, during employment.
Applicants shall provide a recent criminal record check as required by the Pennsylvania Water Operator Certification Act, as well as any other required documentation required for operators of a public water system.
The successful candidate for the position shall perform daily operational duties, such as, but not limited to, installation and/or repair of water mains, fire hydrants and services, reading of meters, collection of operational data via computer systems, monitor mechanical systems, take water tests and make operational recommendations meeting permit conditions while meeting local, state and federal laws as relates to a public water system and regulations of the Doylestown Township Municipal Authority.
The successful candidate must be able to work assigned schedules in the course of his or her duties and to respond to water system problems after hours, as needed. Overtime including weekend work will be required.
Please visit www.doylestownpa.org for complete job description and job application.
Applications and resumes will be received by Doylestown Township until 4:30 pm, February 20th, 2020 in the Administrative offices of Doylestown Township, located at 425 Wells Road, or via email at [email protected].
(Equal Opportunity Employer)
TITLE: Water Operator
DEPARTMENT: Municipal Authority
THIS POSITION REPORTS TO AND IS
SUPERVISED BY: Chief Water Operator and Water Superintendent
THIS POSITION HAS AUTHORITY OVER AND SUPERVISES: None
JOB IS: Full-time (Entry Level)
HOURS: 40 hours per week
WORK SCHEDULE: 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.; Monday - Friday
OVERTIME SCHEDULE: Available, as necessary, on a 24 hours basis. Also, Saturday's and
Sunday's once per month.
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
The Water Operator maintains the integrity and safety of the potable water supply in Doylestown Township in compliance with all permitted conditions. The Water Operator position is responsible for ensuring our groundwater meets and exceeds all DEP Safe Drinking Water Act levels.
The Water Operator position is responsible for completing daily monitoring for water quality, logging of historical data, and for maintaining compliance with Safe Drinking Water Act requirements. The Water Operator exercises and maintains equipment maintain the timely delivery of safe, potable drinking water. The Operator position is charged with protecting the water supply from overpumping and pollution in accordance with standard practices and procedures of the Doylestown Township Municipal Authority, Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection, the Delaware River Basin Commission and the Federal Safe Drinking Water Act. The position interacts and functions as a team member of the Public Works Department in support of all authority/township programs and initiatives to better the community quality of life.
Water Operator Page 2
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO HOLD THIS POSITION
1) Required Education
· High School diploma or GED.
2) Required Experience:
· Two to Five years' experience preferred.
3) Required Licenses/Certificates/Registrations:
· Operators must maintain a "B" Water Certificate license with sub-classifications 7, 8, 10, 11 and 12 at a minimum during employment.
· Valid and current Pennsylvania Driver Operator License (CDL) is required.
· Valid and current Pennsylvania Commercial Driver's License "B", or better, and air brakes is desirable. Operators who do not have a CDL shall be required to obtain a commercial driver license, within an agreed upon time between the Candidate and Doylestown Township, and to successfully pass random drug tests in accordance with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania commercial driver regulations.
ESSENTIAL ABILITY REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE POSITION:
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and public.
· Accept continuous instructions, training, and education to further knowledge and abilities for completing job duties.
· Accurately complete administrative forms and reports in a timely fashion.
· Adhere to all rules, regulations, and procedures necessary to maintain required licenses, certificates, and/or registrations.
· Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions.
· Carry out job functions with or without supervision.
· Carry out job functions without posing a direct threat to the health or safety to self or others.
· Communicate effectively.
· Complete job functions in a timely, good workmanlike manner.
· Drive or operate equipment and tools as required.
· Exercise sound judgment in evaluating situations and in making decisions.
· Maintain acceptable attendance standards.
· Maintain confidentiality of information.
· Maintain socially appropriate behavior.
· Request assistance when appropriate.
· Safely and skillfully use equipment, tools, machines, vehicles.
· Understand and comply with drug use/abuse policies and procedures.
· Understand and comply with personnel policies and procedures.
· Understand and comply with smoking and tobacco use policies.
· Understand and comply with safety policies and procedures.
· Work courteously and tactfully when dealing with others.
· Work in coordination with others.
· Ability to pass a criminal and child abuse background checks.
Water Operator Page 3
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES REQUIRED TO. FULFILL WATER OPERATOR POSITION:
· Perform daily checks on all DTMA facilities including monitoring chlorine and other chemical levels. Conduct water quality sampling.
· Excellent Communication Skills Required.
· Use of Common Sense.
· Basic Clerical Duties.
· Basic Computer Knowledge.
· Basic.Microsoft Word Knowledge.
· Basic Microsoft Excel Knowledge.
· Computer Data Entry Knowledge.
· Changing out chlorine gas cylinders.
· Delivering chemical drums and switching over said chemical drums.
· Maintain a database of chlorine, pressure, well levels, pH and other water quality parameters.
· Perform water distribution system flushing as required.
· Installation of Chlorine Gas Equipment
· Repair of Chlorine Gas Equipment.
· Confined Space Knowledge.
· Proper Use of PPE.
· Maintain Use of PPE.
· Site Inspection of All DTMA's Facilities.
· Basic Knowledge of Pipeline Installation.
· Making Wet Taps for New Water Installations.
· Water Service Line Installations.
· Installation of Meter Pits.
· Inspection of Contractor's Work.
· Repairs to Curb Stops.
· Repairs to Main Line Breaks/Leaks.
· Repairs to Main Line valves.
· Basic Welding Experience.
· Basic Oxy-Acetylene Experience.
· Basic Plumbing Experience.
· Basic Soldering Experience.
· Basic Carpentry Knowledge.
· Basic Painting Knowledge.
· Proper & Safe Use of All Hand Tools.
· Proper & Safe Use of All Power Tools.
· Using Leak Detection Equipment.
· Trouble Shooting of Process Control Equipment.
· Installation of Process Control Equipment.
· DRBC Well Monitoring.
· Pumping of Meter vaults.
· Perform Water Meter Reading Duties.
· Use of Manufacture's Meter Reading Equipment (Neptune/Nomad Trimble).
Water Operator Page 4
· Trouble Shooting of Customers' Water Meter Reads.
· Inventory Control of Water Meters.
· General Housekeeping Duties at Shop & at DTMA's Facilities.
· Weed Abatement at and around DTMA's Facilities & Easements.
· Litter Patrol at DTMA's Facilities & Easements.
· Locate and Mark Out DTMA's Water Mains & Service Lines (PA ONE CALLS).
· Exercising water mainline valves.
· Available for after hour emergency calls, including weekends.
· Required to be On Call, including weekends.
· Perform other work as required.