Water Plant Operations Manager
Emporium Water Company – Plant Operations Manager
Emporium Water Company (EWC), an Equal Opportunity Employer, has an opening for an. This position is a full-time position that provides direction and oversight for EWC operations and utility maintenance.
The Operations Manager position manages the water treatment and production, all maintenance responsibilities, DEP and PUC regulation and reporting, and laboratory functions. EWC is open to candidates that will require relocation assistance.
Ideal candidate must have management experience in the water industry. Candidate must be able to obtain a DEP Class B ,E – subclasses 1, 7, 8, 11 Water Treatment License. Working knowledge and experience in plant maintenance, electrical components and governmental regulation is a must. EWC offers a very competitive compensation and benefit package, along with a highly stable and professional work environment.
Develop, implement and maintain systems and resources necessary for the adequate production of high-quality potable water. Develop and implement appropriate maintenance programs and ensure that the EWC water plant, pump stations, and reservoirs are maintained efficiently. Ensure that all local, state and federal requirements are met and provide safe and potable drinking water within the EWC's service area.
Essential Job Functions:
• Develop and maintain a Safety First work environment – Maintain 100% compliance to the EWC Safety Program.
• Determine procedures to ensure appropriate chemical feed monitoring and system pressures.
• Ensure water plant is appropriately staffed with skilled individuals, trained to insure efficient processes and continued plant operations.
• Provide oversight of land management and land management staff, includes property owned and/or affiliated witht he EWC.
• Ensure that equipment and systems meet all water quality standards as per DEP, PUC and EPA regulations.
• Oversee and monitor operations and the implementation of necessary modifications to remain compliant with local, state, and federal regulations.
• Develop and submit appropriate operations and capital improvements budgets.
• Oversee capital improvements projects related to EWC Operations.
• Establish and approve inventory levels for chemicals and disposables.
• Develop, deliver, and implement a utility security program.
• Establish and chair the Water Quality Committee.
• Ensure that quality control programs for sludge discharge, chemical treatment, etc. are developed, monitored and upgraded as appropriate.
• Develop, submit, and monitor appropriate operations and capital improvements budgets.
• Review quantity of work and staffing levels to ensure completion of work on a timely and cost efficient basis. Review maintenance work on an ongoing
basis to determine overall work assigned efficiency.
• Oversee all capital improvement projects for EWC.
• Prepare the life cycle cost of equipment for repairs based on cost and/or frequency of repairs.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required for the successful operation of the EWC.
• Class B, E – Subclasses 1,7,8,11 Water Treatment Plant License.
• Electrical/mechanical aptitude and background.
• Demonstrate interpersonal and management skills.
• Ability to use spreadsheets, database and word processing software.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Good planning and organizational skills and the flexibility to manage a wide array of projects and/or assignments.
• High level of verbal aptitude with the ability to effectively communicate.
• Willing and able to travel throughout the system to provide direct supervision, to observe the implementation of policies and procedures, and to conduct site inspection.
• Willing and able to travel to outlying communities and to seminars/conventions out of the state.
• Vision and hearing correctable to within the normal range.
• Valid PA driver's license.
• Light work, exerting up to 50 pounds of force.
Interested Candidates please email your resume and salary requirement to: [email protected]