Water Pollution Control Dept Director
The Municipality of Penn Hills, Pennsylvania is seeking a Director for its Water Pollution Control Department. Applications will be received until February 15th.
The Municipality of Penn Hills Water Pollution Control Department is responsible for collecting, managing and treating wastewater generated through the community. The Department operates two wastewater treatment plants, one rated at 3.9 MGD and one 0.24 MGD, 7 Equalization facilities, 12 pump stations and 245 miles of sewers.
Provide leadership to the Municipality’s Wastewater Treatment and Collection system to ensure successful operation and long term improvement.
Position is the Department Head and exercises a substantial amount of independence, provides supervision to two Supervisory Personnel, seventeen Staff and one Secretary.
• Direct operations and maintenance of the wastewater system by developing policies, procedures, objectives and priorities
• Provide management and planning of the Water Pollution Control Department budget
• Oversee and approve Department contracts and purchases
• Work closely with the Municipal Engineer and Supervise outside consultants and construction firms
• Participate with other Municipal Departments in improving the quality of life for citizens of the Community
• Respond to Residents input, complaints and concerns
• Work with other government agencies regarding wastewater treatment, permit compliance, and regulatory reporting requirements
• Identify, prepare and submit grant applications
The successful candidate must have a Wastewater Class B, Subclass 1 & 4 issued by the PA DEP. The successful candidate will hold a 4 year degree from an accredited institution, preferably in Engineering. Advanced degree or Engineering License is preferred but not required. The successful candidate’s work history must demonstrate at least five (5) years of responsible professional administrative and managerial experience in a wastewater system of similar size or complexity to Penn Hills. Residency within Penn Hills is required within one (1) year of appointment.
Candidates should send their resume and cover letter to Municipality of Penn Hills, WPC Director Position, 102 Duff Road, Pittsburgh PA 15235 or by email to [email protected]