Water/Sewer Maintenance Technician
Fairview Township Sewer and Water Authorities are seeking applicants for a full-time Sewer/Water Technician. Salary will be dependent on experience. PA Dep certification is preferred but not required, the Authority will provide paid training to become certified within two (2) years of employment. Responsibilities include working within established daily operations, record keeping, repair and installation of pumps, basic electrical knowledge, meter installation, and general maintenance of vehicles/equipment/buildings. Must be able to: frequently lift 50 pounds; load, unload & move large equipment/tools; access confined spaces; continuously walk and climb stairs and ladders. Benefits package includes health, dental, vision, life insurance, and a S.E.P. retirement plan. See advertisement on www.fairviewsewerandwater.com Resumes and salary requirements can be submitted to Fairview Sewer and Water Authorities, 7485 McCray Road, PO Box 429, Fairview, PA 16415 in person or by email to [email protected] until February 9, 2022. EOE.
This is a full-time hourly position within Fairview Township Sewer and Water Authorities, Erie County, Pennsylvania. The person holding this position will be responsible for maintenance, inspection and repair of the Authority’s sanitary sewer collection system and water distribution systems. This individual must be able to work cooperatively with all employees and independently without direct supervision. Additionally, this position requires the ability to maintain detailed records related to the Authority’s collection and distribution systems. This employee will report the Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
• General responsibilities will be working within established daily operations, record keeping, repair and installation of pumps, basic electrical knowledge, meter installation, and general maintenance of vehicles/equipment/buildings
• Maintains documentation for the facility(s) including the daily bench sheets and ability to utilize electronic asset management tools.
• Will be expected to monitor and maintain collection/distribution systems in accordance with Federal and State regulations.
• Inspects work sites to ensure compliance with Authority standards of quality and contract terms and conditions.
• Builds close working relationships with public
• Performs related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
• A Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection certification for Water Class C,E with sub-classes 7,8,11,12 and Wastewater Class E with sub-class 4 is preferred. If not in possession of the license, the ability to obtain licensure within two years of employment.
• A valid U.S. Driver’s license
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills; communicate effectively (clearly, concisely and professionally) with customers, employees, and colleagues, etc.
• Competitive compensation package
• Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision & life insurance
• S.E.P. retirement plan
• Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
Must be able to: frequently lift 50 pounds; load, unload & move large equipment/tools; access confined spaces; continuously walk and climb stairs and ladders.
Job Type: Full-time
Position will remain open until filled. If you are selected to receive an offer of employment with our company, your employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of work references and other background checks.
Send letter of interest and resume to or in person to or by email to [email protected]:
Attn: Water/Sewer Technician Position
Fairview Sewer and Water Authority
PO Box 429
7485 McCray Road
Fairview, PA 16415
Fairview Sewer and Water Authorities is an Equal Opportunity Employer