Water System Manager - Superintendent
North East Borough in North East, Pennsylvania in Erie County has an opening for a full-time Licensed Operator to work at the Borough Water Filter Plant. Ideally the selected candidate would possess a PA State Operator Certification Class A, E and subclassifications 1,7,8,10 and 11 to operate all areas of the Water Plant and have a minimum of three (3) years of management experience. Proven experience with surface water systems and land and property management preferred.
- Perform all regulatory compliance reporting while maintaining positive relationships with regulatory agencies.
- Provide quality water service to all drinking water customers and industrial customers.
- Select and work with appropriate experts, consultants, vendors and other professionals to ensure effective and efficient expenditures for materials and supplies.
- Manage and motivate a staff of six (6) and coordinate activities with other Borough Departments and divisions when necessary.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Driver’s license
- Possess PA State Certification as a Water Treatment Plant Operator Class A, E and Subclassifications 1,7,8,10 and 11and operate all areas of the Filter Plant and distribution system after experience is gained.
- Healthcare, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Borough pension
- Annual clothing allowance
Applications may be submitted to Patrick Gehrlein- Borough Manager via email ([email protected]) or mail at North East Borough; 31 West Main Street; North East, PA 16428. EOE.