Water Treatment & Facilities Operator
Operator - Systems Control Department
North Penn Water Authority is looking for an able-bodied individual to work for us as a Water Treatment & Facilities Operator.
Responsibilities and Duties
• This position is designed for entry level within a well-established and experienced department. The employee will be working primarily within all facilities, but some outdoor work is required and will have the following responsibilities:
• Ensure proper operations of wells, booster stations and tanks.
• Ensure all water treatment requirements and regulations are adhered too, set forth by PADEP.
• Assist Systems Control Staff with water system maintenance and repair.
• Provide basic electrical monitoring, testing and analysis for system operations in a safe and efficient manner.
• Complete basic plumbing projects and pipe fitting work at all stations.
• Complete station maintenance for facilities, including mowing, landscaping and easement clearing.
• Maintain company tools and equipment in good working order.
• Available for after-hours call duty, for emergencies.
• Willingness to go to training and school to advance knowledge for the department and personal development both within and outside of normal business hours.
Qualifications and Skills
• Able to lift and carry/push/pull a minimum of 75 pounds
• Have a valid commercial driver’s license
• Good physical mobility
• Good balance
• Good hand to eye coordination and dexterity
• High School Diploma or GED
• Work Schedule : Monday to Friday 7am to 3:30pm
• Job Type: Full Time
Interested individuals must apply at http://www.npwa.org/p-15-Employment
North Penn Water Authority offers medical, dental, vision and retirement benefits to eligible employees.
About North Penn Water Authority:
What started out in 1965 as a small water utility serving 7,000 customers in 7 municipalities has grown to one providing water to over 34,000 customers in 20 municipalities. There have been many changes over the decades, but one thing has remained the same. NPWA is committed to bringing our customers a safe, reliable, and economical water supply now and into the future. Our employees, many of whom are NPWA customers themselves, take pride in being able to provide this service to the community and meet this critical mission. We look forward to the successful candidate joining our team of dedicated employees.
The most important duty of NPWA is to provide the public with a safe and reliable supply of drinking water. Our employees, many of whom are NPWA customers themselves, take pride in being able to provide this service to the community.