Water / Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator
Lehigh County Authority has an opening for Water / Wastewater Treatment Plan Operator (TPO) to join our expanding team. The TPO will perform a variety of duties to assure the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of the City's water production and filtration systems and/or wastewater treatment facilities. This is a night shift position working 6:00pm-6:00am.
These roles require candidates to possess water / wastewater treatment plant operation certificates and/or training, as well as college-level coursework related to the operation of water and wastewater facilities. Past experience in a Water/Wastewater treatment plant is a plus.
Please note – this position may be filled at either a TPO 1 or a TPO 2 level depending on the experience and skills of the selected candidate.
Established in 1966, Lehigh County Authority is a municipal authority focused on providing high-quality, affordable water and sewer services to our customers. We operate in a cost-effective and efficient manner that results in affordable rates for public services such as the water and sewer services LCA provides.
• Graduation from high school supplemented with specialized training in water purification and filtration or wastewater treatment or formal course work in the technical aspects pertaining to the specific treatment process.
• Must possess completion certificates from California State University, Sacramento for "Operation of Wastewater Treatment Plants", Volumes I & II or "Water Treatment Plant Operation", Volumes I & II. Training equivalent to this level but through different sources will be accepted.
• Two years of college level courses in biology, chemistry, or civil engineering, which could be directly, applied to the operation of water and wastewater facilities.
• Two years’ experience in a water or wastewater plant at the maintenance worker level, or any equivalent combination of training and experience including formal in-service training
• Must possess or be in process of obtaining either a valid Class A Water / Wastewater Licenses.
For full details and to apply – Click link below: