WWTP 2nd shift Operator
Job Summary (See the Job Description for a comprehensive list of duties):
Operator will Run, Monitor, and maintain DAF pretreatment equipment during sanitation. The operator will conduct visual inspections of Biological treatment equipment on half hour and hourly basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Any other duties or responsibilities assigned by manager
● Take meter readings and calculate totals.
• Operate DAF machine and conduct regular cleaning.
• Monitor sludge production and disposal.
• Communicate with 1st and 3rd shift operators on day to day activities.
• Convey information to maintenance on required repairs.
• Mix chemical polymers and adjust dosage.
• Conduct basic lab testing for water quality.
Required Qualifications (Due to the high volume of applicants, only those who meet the minimum qualifications will be selected for interviews):
Knowledge of Wastewater treatment plant processes.
• Basic algebra skills.
• Experience preferred but not required.
Must be Proficient in English, all reportable forms are in English. Must be able to record information in English.
Ability to login and perform routine training.
Take a proactive role in assuring safe, quality products are produced by immediately addressing any safety or quality concerns.
Not actively involved in the handling of food.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Wastewater license preferred but not required
Ability to lift 50lbs repeatedly.
Extended time spent on feet.
Ability to climb ladders.
Ability to lift and move hoses for cleaning.
Ability to take periodic walks and at varying lengths.
Outside environment which is subject to changes in weather. Must be prepared to walk outside in all conditions including heat, rain, Snow, wind, and icy conditions.
Inside environment can be wet and humid where there is active water flow. Ground and other surfaces may be wet.
– Medical, Vision, and Dental coverage offered
– PTO days offered
– 401k Match
– Life Insurance
– Competitive pay
– 7 Paid Holidays off