WWTP Operator - Upper Gwynedd Township
This is a full time position at Upper Gwynedd Township Wastewater Plant. Please send all resumes to Rebecca Mason, Deputy Director of Wastewater Operations, at [email protected].
Under direct supervision of the Deputy Director. Maintains effective communication and working relationship with fellow employees. Responsible for the operation of all plant processes and follows safety procedures under the direction of the Deputy Director. Hourly rate dependent upon experience.
High school graduate or equivalent. At least three (3) years of experience at a wastewater facility similar to Upper Gwynedd Wastewater Treatment Plant preferred. PA DEP wastewater operator’s license preferred.
• Inspects plant equipment and processes and reports to Deputy Director of Wastewater Operations
• Follows written standard operating procedures for all areas of operation, including seasonal changes and emergency procedures, under the supervision of the Deputy Director of Wastewater Operations.
• Daily participation in routine laboratory requirements.
• Mandatory participation in emergency call-ins as required for the proper and efficient operation of wastewater treatment facilities.
• Observe, record, and collect instrument readings and laboratory analytical data.
• Assist in maintenance projects.
• Understand and apply operation techniques
• Maintain effective communication and working relationships
• Must respond promptly for emergency call-ins
• Adjust to situations involving evaluation of information against measurable criteria and takes or recommends appropriate actions
• Possess a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license
• Other duties as assigned by the Deputy Director
The above is intended to be generally descriptive of the work activities related to this position. The above should not be considered all-encompassing of the work required by the person holding this position. Other duties are required pursuant to the direction of the Deputy Director of Wastewater Operations.