Pennsylvania Rural Water Association offers online courses in conjunction with SunCoast Learning Systems, Inc. PaDEP regulations require Contact Hours for all licensed water and wastewater operators. Through PRWA Online Learning you now have the freedom to learn from home, the office, or your local library. Training can be accessed directly from your personal computer using your Internet connection.
Consider the benefits below and our course list at the bottom of this page.
- No Travel Cost: Water and wastewater utilities can save a significant amount of money using e-Learning versus having employees travel great distances in order to attend instructor-led classroom training. Just think of the time and money that can be saved by not having the expense of a hotel, meals, and the lost productivity of your employee's time.
- Convenience of Anytime, Anywhere Training: Students can log onto e-Learning courses at home or office, day or night. In order to access e-Learning, all you will need is a computer with a 56k or better Internet connection.
- Self-Paced Lessons: Students move through the e-Learning courses at their own pace. A quiz at the end of most modules reinforces the student's knowledge of the subject matter. Students who master 70 percent of the material in each module will advance to the next. The e-Learning system allows a student to exit and return to the course at any time.
- Easy to Use: e-Learning courseware is very user-friendly and is designed to keep the attention of the student through the use of charts, graphs, and other interactive technology.
- Variety of Courses Available: Water and wastewater operators registering for e-Learning courses will have a menu of courses from which to choose. We are constantly adding and updating courseware to reflect changing industry needs and regulations.
- Automated Course Tracking: Automated tracking of student progress and completion of classes is easy to access and manage. Information is readily available to the student or employers and customized reports can be printed.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I register for an e-Learning class? Click on the course link below which will give you more information about the course and the link to register. The registration form will provide you with instructions for registering as a new student. You should have your credit card available to pay for the course online. You will select a personal User Name and Password to use each time you log onto the training site.
- What does an e-Learning course cost? The courses currently offered are priced below.
- Do you accept credit card payment online? Credit card is the only means of payment. We accept payment online by MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express. All online transactions are encrypted and processed on a secure server.
- Must I complete the course at once or can I come back at a later date? Once you are enrolled in an e-Learning course, you will have 12 months in which to complete the course. You may take the course at your pace and access it 24/7 at your convenience.
- Do you track my courses and credit hours online? Yes, the e-Learning Management System software tracks your registration, enrollments, time in course, quiz scores, and course status (Not Taken, Incomplete, Completed, etc.). You may access your student history and course progress whenever you log on to the system.
- What if I don't pass the course, will I be able to take it again? The e-Learning system requires a student master at least 70 percent of each course module containing a quiz before moving on to the next module. If you fail a quiz, you may review the material and retake the quiz as often as necessary to achieve a passing score.
- If I have questions about the course material, how do I get it answered? Students can contact PRWA with questions at 800-653-PRWA or SunCoast Learning Systems, Inc. at 1-800-269-1181 for help.
- Do I receive a certificate indicating I have passed the course? Yes, upon completion of the course and passing all quizzes, PRWA will provide you with a written certificate indicating the name of the course and hours of credit earned.
Call 800-653-7792 for more information!