Operator Certification, April 1 Registration Open!
Hoping to become a certified water or wastewater system operator? PRWA can help! There is a great need for operators to take the exam and we are scheduling more exams as soon as DEP permits. This page will be regularly updated with information about certification exams hosted by Pennsylvania Rural Water. Operator study resources are on the sidebar to the right.
|April 1, 2016||State College, PA (Centre Co.)||Registration is Open - Click here!|
|May 24, 2016||Meadville, PA (Crawford Co.)||Registration not available. Check back soon!|
|September 8, 2016||Clarks Summit, PA (Lackawanna Co.)||Registration not available. Check back soon!|
|November 17, 2016||Clarion, PA (Clarion Co.)||Registration not available. Check back soon!|
Five steps to get your operators license:
- Register for the exam.
- Applicants must fill out both PRWA’s form and the DEP’s form to be successfully registered for the exam.
- Be sure to select the both forms that correspond to the date and location of the test.
- Pass the exam.
- An applicant must pass the appropriate examinations to be considered for certification.
- If you do not pass the exam, you are able to register for the exam again to retest. There is no grace period.
- Fill out the application. After you have passed and have received your test scores and an application.
- Once a person has passed the exam(s) for certification, the applicant is sent an Application for Certification to Operate Water or Wastewater Systems along with an examination pass letter.
- This application will also indicate the amount of money the operator is obligated to pay in order to obtain certification.
- Applicant submits application, fees and criminal history check.
- Submit your experience/education - See this table for required experience for type of license.
- Obtain a record of your criminal history from the PA state police: Criminal background check here, https://epatch.state.pa.us. This report must be dated within 90 days of the date of the application is received by the State Board for Certification of Water and Wastewater Systems Operators.
- Board Official Review.
- The State Board of Certification of Water and Wastewater Systems Operators will review all applications.
- If approved, the Board will officially approve the application and award the applicant the appropriate level of certification.
Call 800-653-7792 or click here to contact us online for more information! To register for an upcoming exam, please click "Operator Certification Exam" below.