Water Systems Operator – DeSales University
The Water/Sewer Systems Operator is responsible for operating and maintaining all campus water and sewer systems including two wells, a 500,000-gallon reservoir, and all related control systems. The position is responsible for collecting, maintaining, and submitting all reporting and testing documentation as required by local municipalities, the state of Pennsylvania, and the DEP. The position is also responsible for collecting all campus water and sewer meter readings. The position is tasked with the management of all water and sewer system related emergencies including water main breaks, major sewer main backups, issues with wells/reservoir, etc. Successful candidates will either already possess the appropriate licensure or be expected to actively pursue the professional development and training necessary to meet all state and local licensing requirements to work on the University’s systems.
Commercial plumbing experience is preferred, as the position may be required to provide input or support to campus plumbing work as time and circumstances allow.
DeSales University is situated on a 600 acre campus in Center Valley, PA. The campus has 40+ buildings and houses approximately 1,500 student residents. Put into service in 1965, the water system is comprised of two wells and a 500,000 gallon reservoir owned and operated by the University. The system serves over 2,500 constituents daily and uses over 21 million gallons of water annually. The position will train alongside an experienced Water Systems Superintendent to gain familiarity with the system. The University also partners with several vendors for water and sewer system work related to new construction, engineering, maintenance, and emergency response.
- Applicant should possess a High School Diploma or GED
- Basic Computer Skills
- Applicant must currently possess or will be required to obtain and maintain the appropriate licenses (see below) to operate the campus water and sewer systems. Costs associated with obtaining these licenses will be paid for by the University.
- Must possess a valid PA Driver’s License with clean driving record
- Capable of working from blueprints, sketches and verbal instruction
- Must be able to work independently, using good judgement and demonstrate integrity with minimal supervision
- Report PA One Calls and respond to PA Call notices.
- Maintain Essential Personnel and On-call Status for University
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills and work in team environment
- Must maintain safe work practices and working areas
- Maintain professional attitude and appearance
- Perform any other duties required by supervisor or management
- Sensitive to issues of ethnicity, disability and diversity
- Dedicated to the mission of a small, Catholic, liberal arts institution
- Maintain valid PA Driver’s License to operate company vehicle
- Preferred Class B PA Water Operator License (subclass 11, 12, 13, 14)
- Preferred Class E PA Sewer License
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Must be able to do repetitive bending, climb stairs and ladders.
- Work in all outdoor temperature conditions
Please apply on the DeSales University Website: https://desales.isolvedhire.com/jobs/