Licensed Wastewater Operator
Licensed Wastewater Operator
This is an elevated skilled position where at least 5 years of experience is required in the wastewater industry to operate, monitor, maintain and trouble-shoot the wastewater treatment facility. Pennsylvania Wastewater Class B, E subclass 1-4 certification is required. Water system experience a plus.
Work involves responsibility for the technical aspects of the wastewater treatment plant operations for compliance with state and federal regulations. Work is performed with considerable independence under the direction of the Chief Operator.
Full-time employment based upon a normal 40-hour work week. Overtime pay for hours worked beyond 40 hours per week at the rate of 1.5 x regular hourly pay. Normal working hours are generally Monday through Friday 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM, with rotating weekends.
- Defined Benefit Retirement Program administered by Pennsylvania Municipal Retirement System.
- Medical Insurance Coverage Plan administered by Capital Blue Cross with a prescription plan. Plan does have certain co-pay provisions and a ten percent (10%) contribution from each employee towards the cost of medical insurance.
- Vacation Leave
- 8 ½ Paid Holidays
- 3 Personnel Days
- Paid Sick Leave
- Boot Allowance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Term Life Insurance Policy
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Perform all aspects of sampling, monitoring and laboratory testing required to maintain compliance with Federal and State regulations governing the wastewater treatment process.
- Maintain operating parameters of the wastewater treatment plant.
- Perform regular and unscheduled maintenance and repairs on all plant equipment.
- Perform maintenance and repairs of sewage pumping stations and all of their components.
- Perform maintenance and calibration on laboratory instruments.
- Conduct the required weekend checks of the treatment plant on a rotating basis.
- On call 24/7 to respond to emergencies and breakdowns at the plant and pumping stations.
- Inspection of new sewer lines and services.
- Maintain open communication with the Chief Operator regarding the treatment process and pump station operation and malfunctions, as well as make recommendations for repairs and improvements to these systems.
- Data entry
- Prepare and submit DMR’s
- Assist with the management of Bio-solids agriculture utilization sites.
- Sanitary sewer line maintenance
- Manhole rehabilitation
Water Distribution System
- Perform all aspects of sampling, monitoring and laboratory testing required to maintain compliance with Federal and State regulations governing the water distribution system.
- Perform maintenance and repair of the distribution system.
- Conduct the necessary weekend checks of the distribution system on a rotating basis.
- On call 24/7 to respond to emergencies for water main breaks in the distribution system.
- Inspection of new water lines and services.
- Maintain open communication with the Chief Operator regarding the water distribution system monitoring, as well as make recommendations for repairs and improvements.
- Operation of chlorine booster station
- Evaluating water tower levels
- Utilize leak detection equipment to locate water main breaks
- Fire hydrant repairs
- Water meter repairs and replacements
- Read interconnect meters
Hourly Rate: $28 to $35 based on experience.
Submit resume to [email protected]